Zvezda Star Destroyer-Finished

Lol, don't worry. I'll be building Revell's version in May. I'll be adding 3D printed goodies as well. Plus I'm sure a few surprises. Consider this a "test" build!

Not sure I could part with something I spent 3 months to build with such love.

Yes, definitely do another build for yourself.

I have Niart's globes from Shapeways and just ordered the garbage chute by Tony at 308 bits (because it honestly looks much better than what I am going to be able to conjure up from some styrene). I finished adding an annex bay and control room with greeblies in the forward hangar bay and added the pulley teeth around the lip of the main hangar bay as I gear up to carve out the interior face to install recessed bays and control rooms. I seriously considered Niart's main hangar bay but decided to just continue to modify the kit part and see how it turns out with FO fiber in the concaves at the ceiling to mimic the bay as we saw it in Jedi.

The profit from a well built model like the ZSD, and the job that Robiwon did, could probably pay for a small squadron of ZSD's. I hope you got what it was worth, dude!

Thanks for mentioning 308bits' garbage chute, Invar. Ordered! Is anyone working on a photoetch fret for this beauty?

Also looking forward to Niart's hangar bay. That's going to be one epic part. I haven't even got the time to dream about this, but I'm sure to give the tower sides a shot if someone else doesn't. Love what Shapeways can produce for mod parts.

Thanks guys. I dont do commission work anymore, And was asked to build one. I responded I would sell this one for a fair price. We agreed on a price and the deal was done. I'm sure a professional would have gotten more than what I asked. But to me it was a fair price. I'm keeping the next one though!

Some more pics before she gets boxed up...

1t3mep.jpg

13z36kz.jpg

hwa0r6.jpg

10i743m.jpg

oa0itc.jpg

v5iq29.jpg

vzhraw.jpg

119zfo6.jpg

2me4bc2.jpg

11ahidi.jpg

I just got my domes from Shapeways in the mail today from TonyRR. So beautiful! None of the tiny spires was broken, all intact!

She is a beauty! I am waiting on my ZSD to arrive in the mail! I am really looking forward to this kit!

I was poking around on shapeways through the mods for this kit, and I was hoping to find a ANH style conning tower, but I couldn't find one.

I decided I was not happy with the R1 paint scheme (mostly white) and decided my original grey wash just didn't enhance the details enough. I got my oils out last night and mixed up a nice dark grey, but not black oil wash. I applied that with a 2 inch brush over the entire model. I let that sit for about 30 minutes. I then took a clean rag dipped in Turpenoid, and wiped down the surface. Wow! What a difference. The nooks and crannies now pop with detail, it's still white but with a much warmer grey tone instead of the creamier white tone. So much happier now. I'll do another set of pics tonight as I also have the Tantive mounted as well. In the mean time, here is a teaser picture.

http://i64.tinypic.com/xnhf6v.jpg

I put a big brush into some grey Tamiya panel line , then brushed / drowned the whole model and wiped off with a microfibre cloth. It really pops out the panel lines and detail.

That's pretty much what I did using oils. Makes a BIG difference! There's a build on the Zvezda Star Destroyer FB page where a modeler has used blue and green washes, looks absolutely stunning.

Star Destroyer arrived at it's new home today. Waiting to hear from the new owner if it arrived unscathed.

Also, received my new domes from TonyRR on Shapeways. My garbage chute shipped today as well. Also, 50 pre-wired warm white LEDs arrived. Slowly getting things together for Build 2!

Glad you mentioned Shapways for the ZSD, I've got just about everything for the MPC Falcon I think. Had not occurred to me to see if they had stuff for this. Tony's stuff is really nice isn't it. I liked your garbage chute thing so I'm going to shop the site and see what's there for the SD.
you do awesome work my friend. I think mine is pretty good, but doesn't set on the same shelf as yours.

Star Destroyer arrived at it's new home today. Waiting to hear from the new owner if it arrived unscathed.

Also, received my new domes from TonyRR on Shapeways. My garbage chute shipped today as well. Also, 50 pre-wired warm white LEDs arrived. Slowly getting things together for Build 2!

I am sorry Robiwon, deleting post. Thought I was in the Zvezda news thread and didn't realize I was in your build thread.

Beautiful build!

Attachments

• IMG_1125.JPG
    IMG_1125.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1126.JPG
    IMG_1126.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back