First photo of Luke Skywalker?

The 48th Ronin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Apparently Mark Hamill tweeted what he believes might be the very first photo of himself in costume at the beginning of filming on Star Wars...

C7NkNVdV0AEaeip.jpg

First thing I noticed was the lack of a silver dome on the Kobold.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/first-photo-ever-luke-skywalker-210833186.html

I can only imagine the WTF going thru Mark's mind on that first day of filming, along with the rest of the crew and Actors.

I know Anthony Daniels has admitted to pretty much having an emotional breakdown at the start of filming but gives Alec Guiness credit for helping pull him through.

I can only imagine the WTF going thru Mark's mind on that first day of filming, along with the rest of the crew and Actors.

I know Anthony Daniels has admitted to pretty much having an emotional breakdown at the start of filming but gives Alec Guiness credit for helping pull him through.

i never heard that about anthony daniels?! why did he have a break down?

i never heard that about anthony daniels?! why did he have a break down?
Locked in a tin can in the desert, no one would ever see his face on screen, thought no one would ever take this work seriously, thought the movie to be a disaster...end of his career....etc

Fortunately he was wrong about it all and has made a great living off it!

I recently saved this pic from a Google search while trying to find more reference for the Stunt Macros. I hadn't ever seen this photo before.

I wish I could find it in a higher resolution!

Locked in a tin can in the desert, no one would ever see his face on screen, thought no one would ever take this work seriously, thought the movie to be a disaster...end of his career....etc

Was Anthony known for anything before Star Wars? Even if it bombed I'm not sure it would have hurt his career. Especially because we don't see his face.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Was Anthony known for anything before Star Wars? Even if it bombed I'm not sure it would have hurt his career. Especially because we don't see his face.

His career literally started with Star Wars and he has done little else since. But who knows (or cares)? At least that's not the case.

-Rog

Anthony didn't seem like a typical actor that had to worry about getting lead parts in the future.

It sounded like Carrie was also worried it would end her career. To a certain extent it did, but because it was so popular she was always associated with Leia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I really don't see how this could be the first picture of him in costume. There would have tons of pictures during costume fittings and such.

Possibly the first picture of him on first day of shooting, perhaps.

I really don't see how this could be the first picture of him in costume. There would have tons of pictures during costume fittings and such.

Why would they take pictures during fittings and stuff? Remember this is the 70s where they would literally just throw props in the trash when filming was done.

Yeah I was thinking this too, perhaps "in character" or close to it, but surely the costume had been donned before to see how it
looks on camera and how it fit for him. Though I suppose they could have had a body double to do that for him but I'd be surprised.

Why would they take pictures during fittings and stuff? Remember this is the 70s where they would literally just throw props in the trash when filming was done.

I know for Star Trek in the sixties they did camera tests for costumes, I think it possible but did anyone keep the pictures?
I think they had instant cameras back then for continuity control? not sure.

You_Doodle_2017-03-20T23_40_12Z.png

Apparently Lucas didn't want this picture out because you can see his undershirt and Luke isn't wearing leggings

Because you need photos for reference and continuity, and studios had been doing that for decades before Star Wars. The film may have been relatively low budget but it wasn't like the run-and-gun shot-in-a-month Roger Corman drive-in output of the 60s and 70s.

I'm assuming what Hamill means is that this is the first photo of him in costume on his first day of filming.

Well at least they picked the right neurotic man to play the best neurotic droid.. :D "We`re Doomed"

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back