My New (Old) BSG Dog Tags

bobatrek

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
kellytags01.jpg

Eight years ago this month on the 20th, the final episode aired, and with it, we bid the what was left of the crew of the Galactica adieu.

It seems quite ironic that nearly eight years later I receive one of the key sought after props from the show - a set of character dog tags!

After a bit of research, I believe these to actually be from the mini-series, and not the actual run of the show.

Upon examination, and comparing them to the various types of dog tags made by production for use in the show, I think I can provide conclusive evidence proving my point.

The following are photos of my newly acquired tags. You can see the roughness of the tags up close, and the lack of precision in the engraving of the phoenix that hints towards the jeweler not quite having the process down pat.

kellytags02.jpg

Additionally, the white residue within the phoenix can also be found in the tags of other characters from the mini-series, but not those characters that came later. Although there are dog tags of mini-series characters that also have the regular series look, but I would say that is because they are a newer set of production made tags.

kellytags03.jpg

kellytags04.jpg

Additionally, you can see what appears to be the jewelers engraved signature, which I would hazard to guess were in each of the character dog tags from the mini-series.

kellytags05.jpg

The next two are similar examples to what I described.

kellytags07.jpg

kellytags09.jpg

These last two I would say are examples of regular series production made dog tags, to include another set of the same character's tags that I now own.

kellytags08.jpg

kellytags10.jpg

And the final displayed prop:

kellytags06.jpg

Yes, congratulations. Those look fantastic. I love the differences between the miniseries DT's and the ones from the show.

And as others have said, they are in a good home.

Ted.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back