Batman cowl

willsyd

I've been a long time admirer of this hobby this is 2nd attempted build (never completed the first one)

I used Ruze789 unfold of TDK cowl so thank you for that!

Still in the early stages the photos will show I'm done with the first coat of body filler. Started to do a second coat on the back half up to the forehead. Bought some sculpting clay going to try add some detail to it which would be difficult to do with filler.
cec4bff69953dc4c4d93033d86ce5e12.jpg
818d3a014ccf1409e6170eb576b3cae5.jpg
25e8cff487eeb5a01217de089314067c.jpg

Last edited:
It looks very good so far. Just a little advice. I wouldn't sculpt on to it with clay. I would use epoxy putty or something similar. Epoxy putty is available at any hardware store or place that sells home repair stuff such as Walmart. One of the advantages is that once it's cured you can sand, carve, drill, and paint it directly.

What you've got is going to look great. Keep up the good work.

Long story short I was not happy with how the cowl was turning out so I trashed it. Part of it was I wasn't a fan of the file and the other part was I was frustrated with my inability to produce the features that I wanted. So with that being said I decided to go a different route. I'm going to be building the Batman armor from the Dawn of Justice movie. I have the helmet printed, I'm hoping to have it completely pep out and ready for body filler by the end of the weekend.

p.s does anyone know how to change the title of a threaimages.jpgd and or delete post. I'm not able to do either.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back