Can someone get a hi-res capture of this Terminator scene?

The Terminator was the first film where I actually noticed that there are different sound mixes: "this version sounds different than that other version I saw", because I remembered when Arnie shoots the wrong Sarah in the back, that it sounded like Magnum revolver, this huge and powerful sound. Then it didn't sound like that all of the sudden. That made me very confused :confused

Compared to Halloween, before you actually see the endoskeleton, that is like when Michael Myers is only seen driving around in the car, or very briefly :p

Both THE TERMINATOR (1984) and ROBOCOP (1987?), both from Orion pictures, had mono soundtracks. Both were "sweetened" to 5.1 for the DVD release, but ROBOCOP does not sound great IMO. The new THE TREMINATOR soundtrack is good, just as you pointed out, some of the guns just are not believable. The original sound elements sounded more real. Also do you notice the SPAS-12 sounds like the stutter of a machine gun for the first few shot? It doesn't actually sound like a shot gun until he shorts the power.

I don't think I have ever seen the original HALLOWEEN. I discovered two nights ago that I had never seen the theatrical cut of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND either. Only ever seen SE (even when I saw it in the cinema) or DC.

Both THE TERMINATOR (1984) and ROBOCOP (1987?), both from Orion pictures, had mono soundtracks. Both were "sweetened" to 5.1 for the DVD release, but ROBOCOP does not sound great IMO. The new THE TREMINATOR soundtrack is good, just as you pointed out, some of the guns just are not believable. The original sound elements sounded more real. Also do you notice the SPAS-12 sounds like the stutter of a machine gun for the first few shot? It doesn't actually sound like a shot gun until he shorts the power.

I don't think I have ever seen the original HALLOWEEN. I discovered two nights ago that I had never seen the theatrical cut of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND either. Only ever seen SE (even when I saw it in the cinema) or DC.

1987, yep :p that I remember very well :) not at all familiar with its sound fx though :unsure

You should definitely watch it, along with Halloween 2, it's basically one long film as they take place right after the other. When I was 15 I brought Halloween with me to school and we watched it in class. Not a single person had seen it before. And not a single person liked it, my teacher even stated when the credits rolled, that it was a real turkey
:lol :facepalm

Small budget films like, Halloween, Terminator, Star Wars... meh, they don't have any impact :rolleyes :lol

1987, yep :p that I remember very well :) not at all familiar with its sound fx though :unsure

You should definitely watch it, along with Halloween 2, it's basically one long film as they take place right after the other. When I was 15 I brought Halloween with me to school and we watched it in class. Not a single person had seen it before. And not a single person liked it, my teacher even stated when the credits rolled, that it was a real turkey
:lol :facepalm

Small budget films like, Halloween, Terminator, Star Wars... meh, they don't have any impact :rolleyes :lol

Is HALLOWEEN the films staring Jamie Lee Curtis (TRUE LIES) when she was younger?

I was never into those films. There was FRIDAY THE 13TH, HALLOWEEN, EVIL DEAD. I just never watched these films or that genre. I preferred Sci-Fi - STAR WARS, TRON, ALIEN (tough it is a horror as well) and I really want to see THE BLACK HOLE again.

A film I'd like to see again from the 80s is THE CLASS OF 1984. That was an interesting watch and the film we watched in year 8(?) about going into puberty. LOLs, you'd never see anything R rated in a school these days. PC has run off the rails and kids of that age now would be lucky to see a PG13 film. Maybe they'd get the remake of FOOTLOOSE.
They certainly would not be allowed near the classic 80's original.

Is HALLOWEEN the films staring Jamie Lee Curtis (TRUE LIES) when she was younger?

I was never into those films. There was FRIDAY THE 13TH, HALLOWEEN, EVIL DEAD. I just never watched these films or that genre. I preferred Sci-Fi - STAR WARS, TRON, ALIEN (tough it is a horror as well) and I really want to see THE BLACK HOLE again.

A film I'd like to see again from the 80s is THE CLASS OF 1984. That was an interesting watch and the film we watched in year 8(?) about going into puberty. LOLs, you'd never see anything R rated in a school these days. PC has run off the rails and kids of that age now would be lucky to see a PG13 film. Maybe they'd get the remake of FOOTLOOSE.
They certainly would not be allowed near the classic 80's original.

It is indeed. Her break out role really, as Laurie Strode, she did four and a half Halloween films ;)

It is indeed. Her break out role really, as Laurie Strode, she did four and a half Halloween films ;)

WHAT? Does her character die in the last? How do you do half a film?

To be honest, blood and gore use to really disturb me as a kid. I probably should not have watched ALIEN at the age I did, but a heap of us (all around 9 or 10 I guess) met at the cinema. Our excuse, oh but STAR WARS is screening as well and then we all into see ALIEN.

WHAT? Does her character die in the last? How do you do half a film?

To be honest, blood and gore use to really disturb me as a kid. I probably should not have watched ALIEN at the age I did, but a heap of us (all around 9 or 10 I guess) met at the cinema. Our excuse, oh but STAR WARS is screening as well and then we all into see ALIEN.

Perhaps it was more like 1/12th of a film :lol
Watch and find out ;) :p

The original Halloween has basically no blood and gore ;) still, the subject matter at hand is still not very "kid friendly". But I started watching horror movies around 6 or 7 years old, and I turned..... wait, never you mind :lol :lol on the bright side, still, at least I haven't stabbed anyone :D :angel

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back