Heading to New Zealand for a year and need con friends.

Maryfoxfirebird

I'm heading to New Zealand for a year (working holiday visa) and I'm looking for some cosplay/prop building/con going friends. My first NZ con will be the Tauranga Con and/or Wellington con. I arrive the end of April and Leave the same time next year.

Hope to hear from you guys

Thanks Mary

You'll be coming over at about the right time for Wellington, we have our Armageddon expo on queens birthday weekend at the beginning of June, 3rd - 5th.

I'm gonna start in Auckland and work my way down. I'm trying to find work in my field (film and television production). I've read Auckland and Wellington are the places to go.

All packed and I'll be arriving next week 19th Wednesday in Auckland. Im bringing with me Fem!CptJack, Fem!Dean Winchester, Fem!Cpt America and two Supergirls TheCW and a hybrid stealth/Injustice 2. Odds are I'll be exploring Auckland (my first stop) in costume. Any geeky places I should visit first?

All packed and I'll be arriving next week 19th Wednesday in Auckland. Im bringing with me Fem!CptJack, Fem!Dean Winchester, Fem!Cpt America and two Supergirls TheCW and a hybrid stealth/Injustice 2. Odds are I'll be exploring Auckland (my first stop) in costume. Any geeky places I should visit first?

If you're into Art Deco, visit Napier. the whole place fell down when an earthquake hit in 1931 and they rebuilt all of it then. It's pleasantly kitsch :)

Last edited:
Hey! Welcome to NZ. I hope you enjoy your time in Auckland, but if it's film production you are interested in Wellington is the place to be. I'm a local Wellingtonian and would be happy to meet up if you come this way and show you around the film/tv scene here. Best of luck for your travels!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back