My Lifesize 1:1 Shoretrooper / Scarif Trooper

azheat01

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Like many others, I love this trooper design and want to take a stab at a 1:1 to add to my collection. I like the look of the kama as well as the ammo pouch, so this will be a hybrid of sorts. I also have a cool idea for the mannequin that I've never tried before, more on that later. To start I got one of Rocketeer's awesome helmets. I cut out the lens area and prepped for painting.

IMG_4067.JPG

IMG_4068.JPG

I was also able to get a hold of a real MP40/M56 leather pouch.

IMG_4069.JPG

I'll have some armor on the way shortly. I'm not worrying about screen accuracy, so other parts like pants, shoes, etc will not be exact.

I was thinking about ways to mount the top shield that wasn't going to be permanent, down the road I thought about doing something behind the shield so doing it this way allows it to flip up. I drilled two small holes on either side and then epoxied two small flat head machine screws to the inside of the shield. I used a strong two-part epoxy that I've used on several other projects and it works great. This just pops on and then I use small bolts on the inside to keep it in place.

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4074.JPG

IMG_4076.JPG

IMG_4077.JPG

Was finally able to find time to work on this; got the main color on, did the black trim on the top shield, black trim on the bottom of the helmet, and red symbol done. I used the negative of the decal to paint it on, then did a little bit of distressing to it. Need to start weathering next.............

IMG_4088.JPG

IMG_4089.JPG

IMG_4091.JPG

IMG_4092.JPG

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to work on this lately, but after getting burned on Etsy I decided there is no need to spend 200 plus dollars on a Shore Trooper E-11 kit when I can spend less than half that and fake it. So while I wait for my Etsy refund, I bought some rails and mounted them to the side of a Hasbro blaster. I found a $4 light mount online and a $5 light from Lowes. I'll also get a couple other pieces to make it more accurate (stock, counter, etc). Although not screen accurate, I think when I'm done it'll somewhat look the part.

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4151.JPG

IMG_4152.JPG

IMG_4153.JPG

Got to do a little more work on this, removed the scope, painted some pieces, assembled and painted again. I built a scope rail out of a piece of aluminum bar. Although grossly inaccurate, it's relatively cheap and will look the part with some weathering and a few more misc pieces.

IMG_4154.JPG

IMG_4155.JPG

IMG_4157.JPG

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4160.JPG

Couple progress shots; did a subtle wash with acrylic black and brown, some white highlights on a few edges, and slowly layered in some weathering. Camera washed out some of the color, still a ways to go...........

IMG_4195.JPG

IMG_4197.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG

IMG_4200.JPG

IMG_4201.JPG

"Impressive, most Impressive" I cant wait to see the finished product because ive been thinking about doind a Shoretrooper myself, lately. Good luck.

"Impressive, most Impressive" I cant wait to see the finished product because ive been thinking about doind a Shoretrooper myself, lately. Good luck.

There's a nice (German) website with a lot of reference pics, paint schemes and tutorials about the shoretrooper: http://haui.eu/?Starwars___Shoretrooper

Thank you both!

Today I assembled the mannequin I want to use. I thought I would try something different so I decided on this action pose. I threw the helmet on, which looks misleadingly out of proportion because I don't have the armor yet, but I like where it's going. The only modification I'm going to make is to the right hand so it can hold the blaster properly and the left leg; going to make it come down lower as shown in the last picture.

I hope it turns out the way I'm envisioning it!

IMG_4234.JPG

IMG_4233.JPG

IMG_4232.JPG

IMG_4232 copy.jpg

Great build! I had noticed before that tje Death Troopers wore almost the same belt buckle as Vader, but kust now realized that the shin armor on the Shore trooper seems to share design traits with Vaders shin armor, too.

Little more work done on this as well today; did a quick and dirty mod to the right leg. I re-enforced the area with some metal strapping then wrapped it in black tape. Now the pose is less like a sprinter.

IMG_4342.JPG

IMG_4343.JPG

IMG_4344.JPG

I want to save some money on this build so I found these used boots on eBay for $17.00. Despite not being screen accurate, they look pretty good and already come partially weathered!

IMG_4345.JPG

Here's how the mannequin looks now with the modded leg, pants, and boots on. The pants are cheap department store pants, but for $16.00 I can make them work. I also drilled a hole in the left shoe so I could use the foot support instead of the calf support.

IMG_4348.JPG

Making progress!

Ok cool. I was thinking about building one of these so you'll build will help alot

Sent from my Imperial Comlink on Mustafar

I was able to rearrange some projects and finally get back to this. I spent most of the day sanding and cleaning up all the parts. One of the things I did for the buckles was clean out some of the material on the back so I could get the strapping to go under; better than having it just butt up against the end.

IMG_4384.JPG

IMG_4385.JPG

Once everything was cleaned up I scrubbed and washed all the pieces and set them out to dry. Hope to prime and start painting tomorrow.

IMG_4383.JPG

More progress today, got most of the priming done except for the shin, forearm, and bicep armor. I wanted to put the side / back trim pieces on first. For the forearms and biceps, I attached the strips to one half of each armor piece. Once I put Velcro inside, it will hold the two halves together and the trim will overlap to the other half.

IMG_4389.JPG

IMG_4391.JPG

IMG_4394.JPG

Did the same thing for the back of the shin armor, fit the trim piece and then glued it to one half of the armor.

IMG_4390.JPG

IMG_4388.JPG

Then I was able to fit the front armor piece to the shin armor and mount the buckles.

IMG_4392.JPG

IMG_4393.JPG

Was finally able to get some color on a few parts, but need to head to the store for more paint. Hit these pieces with Beige then two coats of satin clear finish. Looking forward to getting these done so I can weather and assemble.

IMG_4450.JPG

IMG_4456.JPG

This is great!

im loving the in-motion pose of the mannequin, I don't think I've ever seen that with a home display.

keep up this excellent work, can't wait to see the end results :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back