Matrix: Relaunched (?)

I just recently re-watched the Trilogy with my teenage son who had heard of them in pop culture only, so decided we needed to watch them together.

A couple of (second) impressions:
- bullet-time is so cliche now
- the black sunglasses look is really dated
- Trinity not hot
- needing a hard line to download is so 90s
- Zion scenes are extremely boring exposition. Sort of like the Senate and Coruscant in the Star Wars Prequels (which coincidentally were released similar years). Boring...
- Overall plot confusing as hell
- 2nd movie cliffhanger pretty WTF as in "why is this survivor they found relevent". Not well done.
- Attack on Zion was fun cinematography +
- Keanu Reaves seems to say "Whoah" even when he doesn't every single line.

I say they finish the cinematic storyline because having what they had in Revolutions for the end literally silenced the audience in extreme disappointment. I'll never forget how awkward leaving the theater was first showing of that film.

I loved those films and thought they had terrific potential, but it was like they decided to crap on the audience after all that build up. And man some of the sfx in the third film were not up to par.

On the other end of the spectrum in things they ruined for a long while was how many years bullet time was implemented and got so super old that when I saw it used in other films it made my roll my eyes and cringe. It became one of the biggest gimmick effects in Hollywood cinema.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I only liked the movies for the scenes inside the Matrix because of the things they could do,similar to the superhero genre.The (out)dated special effects didn't bother me as much as the excessive cursing that somehow was supposed to add something to the story.All in all I don't regret having seen them and I thought the story was good.

Please no. There should never have been two sequels. One movie was fine. No more.

If the first Matrix movie had been the only one made, that would have been fine with me. Not that I thought that it was a bad movie, I loved it. However, like Star Wars and The Terminator, I'm sure the creative team didn't know if they would get a crack at making sequels, so that did their best to make the first one tie up nicely just in case that would be it. It's a nice stand-alone film.

In my extremely humble opinion, when creative teams go in with the idea that their story has to be told with three movies, it suffers. It's extremely rare that someone says, "Oh, I have an idea for a trilogy, and I'll make each movie really good, especially the first one!"

No no no. Revolutions sucked so badly that it ruined the entire trilogy including all the anime done between 2 & 3. Please just let it die. No reboot, it will suck worse than the robocop reboot or maybe even the force awakens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed the first one, the other two...not so much. I really hope somehow they just let this die and do not reboot it.

I don't think any movie anywhere ever has spouted as much gobbledy goop as the Architect did in the second one. I have since learned the meaning behind what he is saying, but just listening to it verbatim--to this day, I still can't follow along with what he is saying.

'Revolutions' is what I have to say to everyone who asks for a Terminator future war movie.

Evil CGI robots, versus embattled future resistance fighters, at night, for 2 hours, and it's all done by overworked SFX companies. The concept just doesn't hold up for 2 hours.

Well, might as well let them do it. If it ends up being bad, just wait for those reviews and then don't go see it, only Warner Brothers suffers the most. Now if its actually good, then great. So I was thinking of where the story could go. It could be really awesome, or just completely cheesy. A virus is attacking the machines and they now need the help of humans to not only destroy it, but find out the cause. I think something like that, while probably more on the cheesy side, could be turned into something watchable.
Now for how they could handle a bullet time type of effect in this. The idea of stopping time or slowing it down with the camera moving.....been done to death now. But I was thinking of something slightly different that could maybe work.
First off, in the first movie where Agent Smith and Neo are fighting in the subway. At one point A.S.(agent smith) over powers Neo, pushes him over to a wall and starts punching him. I loved how he then had multiple images of him punching really fast. Before I ever saw the Matrix, I always wanted to see a fight where 2 characters are fighting so fast that they both split into multiple images of themselves fighting. Now image the camera circling them both while doing this, but in normal speed, maybe even sped up a little.
Has a movie ever done this before? I'm not sure.

No reboots but maybe sequels with a new creative team. The two "sisters" ruined the last film in hopes of launching that god awful video game sequel where you're looking for neo's body or some crap. The first films had really good cgi for the times but now they'll go cheap and we'll get some terrible transformers looking crap.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back