Matrix: Relaunched (?)

The first movie was good, the second move was okay, and the third move was pretty bad. Why would they even think about a fourth movie after they already killed off Neo? He was the main character in all three movies! And then before he dies, we find out that the whole thing is fake, and that everything is actually the Matrix. Why!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I watched the very end of the last movie last night. The little girl asks the Oracle if they will ever see Neo again and she says something like "I think we will". So that left it open to easily do a sequel. I'm not sure who'd they'd fight since they have peace.

Liked it the first time. But like remaking the movie Point Break. Didn't like the remake. Some films should never be redone IMO ....

"The Matrix Reboot" :facepalm #FRAKREBOOTS
"The Matrix Prequel" We already got this, it's called the Animatrix. We really don't need to see a film featuring NOT-Laurence Fishburn as Morpheus.

As for a proper sequel, sure, it can't be any worse than the previous... wait, never mind, because hell yes it can.

I watched the very end of the last movie last night. The little girl asks the Oracle if they will ever see Neo again and she says something like "I think we will". So that left it open to easily do a sequel. I'm not sure who'd they'd fight since they have peace.

Interdimensional aliens and CG monkeys, or maybe I'm thinking of a different 4th installment :unsure

how could the studio redo or relaunch these movies without the wachowskis

Please see Terminator franchise :p

I believe since obviously it's a huge universe, there would be so many different stories to tell within the matrix of other individuals that never
took the red pill but still know the secret of what the matrix is, and of course the sentient machine entities within it as well interacting with humans, enemies and allies.
Put aside the big epic stuff that the films focused on, we know all that now anyways, and you can get into some interesting places.

Here's their story line..... The Matrix, realizing it needs to actually find a way "inside" the human body, makes a realistic android hooker named May Trix, who tries to seduce the men of Zion and the resistance and leave nanobots inside of them after she lets them "downoad" in to her. Part sci fi, part "Fifty shades", and we'll throw in a lovable pooch to also have some "A dog's purpose" mixed in. It will make zillions!

The Matrix is a perfect diamond of style and substance and its timing was impeccable. It was so unique that even its creators couldn't run with the idea so its a tough gig to take on for sure but I`d give it a look.

I suppose they could do a live-action version of the animatrix that explains the fall of mankind and the machines taking over. Its not really needed, but they could make it more visually interesting. I'm sure theres tons of people that never saw the animatrix. Other than that, not sure what they could go with story wise and not be stupid. Maybe 100 years in the future from Revolutions. Theres got to be something worth showing that could be good within the world.....but what???

The Matrix is a perfect diamond of style and substance and its timing was impeccable. It was so unique that even its creators couldn't run with the idea so its a tough gig to take on for sure but I`d give it a look.

IMO timing & mojo was about all it had.

I never saw any substance to it beyond some implied stuff. The sequels revealed that they were making it up as they went along and the end was disappointing.

As for uniqueness - the storyline was two existing things mashed up. It was fun but it wasn't any more groundbreaking than Cowboys & Aliens.

As for SFX - once again, a few existing things mashed up. Interesting but not really impressive.

A small sizzle was shot back in December that had a militarized SWAT team, some agents (separately both human and AI Matrix) and a few human characters. Seems it was all action, stunts, cinematography. It wasnt filmed, cast or referred to as anything Matrix, but...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back