Looking for Thompson M1928 measurement for build

Flogio

Hi,

I've seen a little group making theatre. It's a story about gangsters. I don't really know yet what the story is, but saw them making rehearsal. I saw they have no Tommy gun. They can't and want't afford an airsoft version.

I saw a lot of "one day builds" from Adam Savage and the wish to help the group give me a lot of motivation to build them with scrap a tommy gun.

I could use a foto from the internet and use a conversion factor to get a lengh of 850 mm for the Model (I got the lengh from Wikipedia), but this is not accurate. Moreover I dont know the width of the reall Thompson. Or the diameter of the round drum magazines.

Does anyone know the measurement for the M1928 or could link me a blue print or something like that, to get the measurement?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had built 4 Thompsons out of wood using real prints for fabricating Thompson sub-machine guns I had found on the internet. I don't have a link to the website I used, but I'm sure if you do a web search, you should be able to find what you need.

I had built 4 Thompsons out of wood using real prints for fabricating Thompson sub-machine guns I had found on the internet. I don't have a link to the website I used, but I'm sure if you do a web search, you should be able to find what you need.
Thank for the reply.
You can be sure I already did a web search. I wouldn't ask here, if I had found something. May be I used the wrong key words, I don't know. English is not my first language.
I tried "Thompson M1928, blueprint", "... measurement", .... And every time when I think, I had found it, you have to pay to download it (but royalties FREE ! Hey there is the word free in there!). I can't spend money (I already spend time, and time is money!).

Well, the site I've been thinking of has changed a bit.
This site let's you download information after you join.
https://www.scribd.com/document/162659868/The-Thompson-Submachine-Gun-Drawings-Index#
Membership is free for one month, apparently. You should find some good information here.

Also, I've seen plenty of drawing images available online. Although it's true it doesn't show the dimensions you're looking for directly, but there are some parts drawings with dimensions. Just scale the full drawing of a Thompson to the part with the dimensions, and it should give you a better idea of the overall size of what you need.

ok thanks...

Attachments

• 20170325_005737.jpg
    20170325_005737.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 536
  • 20170329_181648.jpg
    20170329_181648.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 677
  • 20170329_181653.jpg
    20170329_181653.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 372
  • 20170329_181710.jpg
    20170329_181710.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
This is the page (http://www.nfatoys.com/tsmg/web/drawing_data.htm) I used to get copies of the original manufacturing drawings and they're are free to download. You will have to read the assembly drawings to find the drawing numbers of each part you need to make sure you building the right revision of it. I used these drawings to create my 3D model and print one so they are definitely accurate.

FULL LAYOUT RENDER.JPGUntitled.jpg

Attachments

• TRIMETRIC SECTION RENDER.JPG
    TRIMETRIC SECTION RENDER.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 254
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back