My Black Pearl partworks

Real Scooby

Just dug this out from my archive-vault ( the basement ;) )

Its a partwork kit from Hachette wich ran over here from 2012 - 2014. It was 100 issues plus 20 extra issues for the figures and extra accessoires. Its made from wood with some metal details. Scale is.... I guess about 1:48 or so. Its roughly 80 cm long and about 90 cm high. No modification made, except for added three extra sails as I figured they are just ignored through the build process. And of course the paint job. It was meant to look like "fresh from the docks", before Jack Sparrow blackend her.

I might try to redo the sails to have them openend and blownup, just need to figure out how, because I used to superglued all the rigging, and I REALLY dont want to start all over again :p

20160209_215420.jpg20160209_215308.jpg20160209_215141.jpg20160209_214941.jpg20160209_214904.jpg20160209_214844.jpg20160209_215222.jpg

Nice work.
What did you use for the barnacles?

Fresh off the ship yard she would have been red.
It was supposed to originally be the Wicked Wench from the Disney ride.
Burned and sank before Dave Jones raised her for Jack.

In close ups of the original (CotBP) you can see red under the black burnt paint.
The figurehead was also multi colored.

Last edited:
The barnacles... well you'll never guess :) :) :) :)

First I tried with just painting, but didn't turn out that well.
Then I tried to using superglue-gel placing drop by drop and paint it later, but that would have taken an eternity.
and then, it hit me

I removed the currently finished ( about 10 cm at the backend ) layer of gluedrops, brushed on a thick layer of regular white glue and placed the ship right into.........
the catlitter box, freshly filled of course ;) :) :)

You cant imagine my cats look as I let the ship rest in there for about 10 minutes 8) ;P :) :)
I blew away the loose grain and when the glue had dried, I spraypajnted the crust with 2 different greys, green and black

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back