Anyone ever use Vallejo clear coat ?

DARTH SABER

Master Member
I was thinking of sealing my bandai Falcon once its done.
Probably Vallejo flat or satin finish.

Anyone have any experience with this clear coat?
Good, bad, tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I use Vallejo pretty much for everything these days.

I bought their poly clears hoping they'd be waterproof for an RC hull (they aren't), but they make a nice final clear. I used to be a Future with Tamiya Flat added for dull, but generally there's enough weather, etc. that the gloss gets knocked down. When it doesn't, I go with their satin or matte.

Yep, I use Vallejo pretty much for everything these days.

I bought their poly clears hoping they'd be waterproof for an RC hull (they aren't), but they make a nice final clear. I used to be a Future with Tamiya Flat added for dull, but generally there's enough weather, etc. that the gloss gets knocked down. When it doesn't, I go with their satin or matte.

Thanks for the link info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personal choice.

To me, dead matte gives a sort of whitish haze, and changes the color perception. I generally use it more as an effect than a finish. It's really up to the subject. For something like big and metal, I go gloss to facilitate decaling and washes, then knock it down with dry pigments which give it a satin finish.

On the Falcon, I'd most likely use satin.

My plan is to do some experimenting on two of the tiny and cheap Bandai 006 Millennium Falcon kits before committing to my 144. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back