Revell 1/48 Tie Fighter, lighted

Scarecrow Joe

Sr Member
So while waiting for my FO for the SD decided to start building this one. I used Magnetowire to power two 5mm red LEDs, one for the cabin and one for the forward cannons using 0.75 FO. Its sti a WIP but here are some pics.

20170306_192750 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170307_202131 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170308_210224 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170308_210237 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170308_210249 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170308_210302 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Here is how I managed to install the LEDs and FOs.

20170305_203304 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Here is Mr Pilot waiting to be seated:

20170304_185002 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Hope you like it!

Thanks. The model is not Bandai quality but it assembles quite well. It will complement my 1/48 scale Bandai Xwing. When at least decently painted can look the part convincingly.

Fine Molds kit, it is... ball is about 1mm different from the AMT kit but the 'wings' are more accurately shaped with more dimensional detailing. Nice job on this.

R/ Robert

I need to modify the base for the 9v battery. Currently brainstorming the approach, Thanks for looking guys. As said before its apparently a not to popular kit but tried my best to bring out as much detail as possible. I added some greeblies to the back of the inside cabin since it was essentially devoid of any.

20170305_203529 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170307_180610 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

When lit up they add interesting forms, shades and textures in the inside.

I'm currently building this kit too, surprised is not so popular compared with the bandais, i'm not fan of 1/72 scale.
The really disappointing thing about this one is how inaccurate and cheap-look the interior is (lot of empty & open space to fill, even the polygonal walls don't close the cockpit enough), but with a bit of work you can obtain some good results.

Bad you didn't go for the paragraphix photoetch set, it adds some extra & nice detail.

Good work btw.

Great job on this so far! The lighting looks real nice. The Tie Standard is my favorite SW ship.

I really like this kit and the size. I'm about to order one myself. I like the Bandai Tie Fighter but I'm not a fan of the 1/72 kits.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back