4th doctor plz

hbk20030

I wanna cosplay as tom bakers doctor, I have both scarfs, his sonic screwdriver, and the hat, and the paint pin badge he wore in city of death,

any of u guys have any ideas ,where I can get rest of what I need at a decent price, as I have both scarfs I don't mind which version comes first, but wouls love to wear the paint badge outfit sometime

I thank you in advance for any valid useful tips or ideas

Sorry, this'll sound snobby, but there are a lot more than two scarves. I'll just assume you mean a generic colourful one, and the burgundy/orange/blue one. For coats I would look on cosdaddy, again there are a ton of variants. Also there are are a lot of different kinds of vests as well. If you aren't too concerned with accuracy you could always just get grey tweed trousers, plaid waistcoat, and then an overcoat, either cosdaddy or other. If expense isn't an object, Magnoli clothiers has a City of Death style coat, but again, it's pretty expensive. Anyway, I hope this helps!

First, the best place to go for info about all of the Doctor's Costumes is:
http://fourthdoctorcostume.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/costume-index-season-seventeen.html

The Coat: If you are looking for a cheap, easy coat I would say get the Chinese ones from eBay. They usually go under the name "Who is Doctor Dr. Ecru Brown Long Trench Coat," or some variation on that.
View attachment 723448
Of all the cosplay branded coats, this is the best option (although the Lapels are too big, the pockets are wrong, the piping on the lapels is the wrong colour, the skirt is too flared, the cuff are too long, the buttons are wrong but the colour of the coat is pretty close and the various inaccuracies can be modified pretty easily). If you are a stickler for accuracy then of course go to Magnoli Clothiers "classic Frock Coat."
View attachment 723450
Or get it custom made.

The Waistcoat: The waistcoat hasn't been replicated by one of the major cosplay websites. For an accurate material, try Spoonflower and get one custom made, or find a close match on eBay. the Spoonflower pattern is pretty close and it is a great place for other bespoke material patterns used on other Doctor Who costumes.
View attachment 723451
https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/...m-baker-classic-vest-pattern-by-warmcanofcoke

The Pants: a pair of grey trousers would be fine but if you want to replicate the Doctors Pants from the episode, try looking through your fathers/grandfathers old pants, you may be lucky. Or get them custom made.

The Shirt: A white shirt will be fine.

Props and Accessories: I assume that you have the Character Options Classic Sonic Toy, and the Abbyshot Painters Pin. For a more accurate sonic, try applying some aluminium tape to the toy and using some steel wool, give the somewhat brushed metal look of the original prop. The Painters Pin from Abbyshot, although it will work fine for some basic cosplaying if you want to take it one step further it is far too basic.
4th-doctors-painter-lapel-pin-1_1024x1024.jpgbrooch close up.jpg
(Left Abbyshot) (Right Custom Made Version).

The Abbyshot version lacks detail, it's colours are somewhat wrong and it is one piece. The original pin is not just one piece, but four; the palette and the individual tubes.
if you would like a pin closer to the original, I have replicated it and am selling it on my Etsy shop: The Shop of Death
IMG_0793.jpgIMG_0796.jpgIMG_0797.jpg
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/512...doctors-painters-lapel?ref=shop_home_active_1

Anyways, I hope that I have helped you in your cosplaying.
-S

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 90
  • extra-image-948.jpg
    extra-image-948.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 97
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back