My finished Obi-Wan "Mythos" costume

Tea

I finished my Obi-Wan "Mythos" costume last week, and had a great time showing it off this weekend at ECCC. Thank you very much to my talented friends Debbie Martin, who created my tunic, and Okonomi Cosplay who made my outer robe. This costume is based on the incredible Sideshow Collectibles Mythos Ben Kenobi Statue. The saber is a Roman Props MK1 with a Spirit of ob1 crystal chamber.

I 3D modeled, printed and fabricated all the items on my backpack, and learned some new leather-working skills while creating my belt and Jawa bandoleer. Looking forward to wearing it again at Star Wars Celebration next month! Here are some progress photos:

I had to take a break from carrying the pack around at ECCC - You can see that they peace bonded just about everything on my backpack :lol

Hey @Tea ! FANTASTIC COSTUME!!! The light in the lawn photos is pretty stellar, you just have to get out in the woods or up on a hill out in the boonies so that you have a clean backdrop. Do it on a windy day and throw in a few statue poses and you'll have nailed it!

Now for the funny... the kitchen chair photo needs a caption contest. I'll start us off... "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine". Or maybe... "That's the brightest lightsaber I've ever seen!" Dude in the background's face is priceless! What is going on in that photo???

Last edited:
Thanks Guys!!

...you just have to get out in the woods or up on a hill out in the boonies so that you have a clean backdrop. Do it on a windy day and throw in a few statue poses and you'll have nailed it!...

Yes, I agree, I really need some professional photos.. Some Garrison members are thinking about planing a trip out to some sand dunes this spring, I'm hoping to join them!

Are you going to Celebration?
Yes! Ill be there, and I plan to bring the costume as well!

...they seriously do not understand what "peace tying" is for.
Right? Tagging the lightsabers? Hahah "Oh good, These ones don't actually turn on."

I've gotta say, I'm not usually into concepty cosplays, but I really dig this one. Well done!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Great job on the costume! I like the weathering. I had to do a double take to make sure you weren't Ewan McGregor. :p You look very Obi-Wan.

Wow! You even look like McGregor yourself! That's an amazing effort!

I really like the backpack. It has that "I've packed this a hundred times and everything has it's place" sort of military type of look. How much does it weigh?

This. Is. Amazing. Stunning work all the way around - by you and all of those who helped create the elements of your costume. Bravo!

Really hope to run into you at Celebration because I'd love to see this in person.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back