What ROTJ did I watch on TNT last night?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I watched ROTJ on TNT last night and when Vader SPOILER ALERT is ready to throw the Emperor down the hole he said "No. NOOOOOO!" before picking him up. WTH is that?!?! I don't remember that being in the SE. Did they mess with it again or is that an alternate SE soundtrack?

I saw a part on TNT and figured they'd show the bluray version.
As far as the NOOOO goes, while very much NOT needed, at least it sounded much better that ROTS' version.
Had Lucas kept Star Wars, I wonder what more changes he would put in?
And hopefully Disney won't try and do more as well.

i thought it actually sounded worse.

like james earl jones was thinking 'do i REALLY have to do this? they arn't going to like it...oh...all right..

nnooo.
nnn
nnn
nn
NNNOOO!

So what are changes that George could have done, that he didn't, but probably would have had he had the chance? Any thoughts?

Heres what George would say, "I always thought Jabba's barge should be longer, we just didn't have the budget back then, so we've now gone and fixed it up to how I originally wanted it."

"I always thought this ship should have 6 wings, now it does."

"I never liked the little guy next to Jabba, so we digitally removed him and added Jar Jar Binks because it just looks much better now."

It's really quite an abomination to the scene.
The silent enigma of the mask is ruined, the helmet moving back and forth looking at this horror before him
and back to the emperor. We know all we need to know visually!
Jamming in that horrible line was an intentional flip you melon farmers to all the fans that dissed the prequels.

I watched ROTJ on TNT last night and when Vader SPOILER ALERT is ready to throw the Emperor down the hole he said "No. NOOOOOO!" before picking him up. WTH is that?!?! I don't remember that being in the SE. Did they mess with it again or is that an alternate SE soundtrack?

Congrats. This is the funniest thing I've read all day!

How did you NOT know they did that "Nooooooooo!" again! So funny.

It's really quite an abomination to the scene.
The silent enigma of the mask is ruined, the helmet moving back and forth looking at this horror before him
and back to the emperor. We know all we need to know visually!
Jamming in that horrible line was an intentional flip you melon farmers to all the fans that dissed the prequels.

It could've been worse... we could have heard his whole thought process before the "Noooo!"....

Like Luke's getting zapped and we cut to Vader....

"Wait... what?... should I... no. I can't.... I mean he's my master....but then Luke is like, my kid. Damn.... Oh man what If I pick him up and he's heavier than he looks under those robes... I... dammit... gah.... Luke looks so hurt... No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

*picks up Emperor, throws him over edge*

*gasping* "Ohhh... oh man. that hurt..." *wheeeeze* "Oh this is how Mace felt...."

Congrats. This is the funniest thing I've read all day!

How did you NOT know they did that "Nooooooooo!" again! So funny.

I think the "Nooooo!" thing is audio lifted from the end of ROTS, isn't it?

Anyway, as for not being aware, if you basically decided to ignore the blu-ray release and didn't pay attention to any of the changes that were announced (or discovered by people), then yeah, you could've missed it. There are, I'm sure, changes on the blu-ray that I don't know about because I mostly ignored it. I know they added a digital rock in front of R2. I know they added the "Noooooooo!" thing at the end. Otherwise, I have no idea what else they did, because I had no intention of buying it.

By the time Vader threw Palpatine down the reactor shaft, I was so out of it from blinking Ewoks that I was just numb.

And yeah, I passed on the Blu-Ray. Laserdiscs to DVD was the last time I picked up Star Wars.

2 changes I just learned of the other day was that they made Jabba's door bigger and when R2 gets zapped towards the end, they added more gadgets popping out of him.

Would have been funnier if he said "oh hell no"

Still, kind of ruins the element of surprise, if you shout noooooooooooo while sneaking up on someone, plus the whole its not like the technology didnt exist to make Vader say no originally.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back