Lightsaber Blade Help

GhostWithThMost

Hi, guys. I need a little help; apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but what is the best way to put the film inside the saber blades? I have some film and a 1" thick walled blade (and a mirrored cap) the Custom Saber Shop , and before I start (and potentially ruin the materials) I wanted to know the best course of action.

Hey GhostWithThMost! I've read a few different versions of how to insert the film.

Some use a dowel and wrap the cut section of film around it very carefully while allowing the 'sheet' to dangle as you roll the dowel in your hands with arms held high. Some roll it carefully on a clean counter or large table.

Most simply put the film in the tube loose and do not glue it into position to avoid it crinkling during saberplay. You just have to remember it isn't glued in place when removing the blade from your hilt (do so pointy end down!) so that the film doesn't cascade out of your blade and get fouled up as it hits the ground and unspools all over the place.

I hope this helps a bit! There's some How-To Youtube videos out there if I remember correctly.

p.s. Somebody had recommended a cap of sorts to place on the open end of the blade when it wasn't attached to the hilt to not only prevent the film from coming out accidentally, but also to prevent dust and debris from entering the blade!

Instead of using the standard polypro gift wrap you could use Roscolux Clear lighting gel which is a polycarbonate substrate. It works just the same as the gift wrap but you need far less of it and it's much more durable/ higher quality.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back