1:24 "studio scale" T-70 X Wing Resistance Fighter that never was...

"Looking good Mr. Carter !" I think you might have to be older than 40 to understand that reference ...lol

1:24 "studio scale" T-70 X Wing Resistance Fighter that never was...

Subscribe

The pictures are not working.

Last edited:
Attached will work better... IMG_4042.JPG you don't know how glad I am that I found this thread. I'll show you why later...

Cheers guys! I really appreciate the comments!

I've not been working much on this project at the moment due to work commitments but I have done the droid strip and the backplate. Still need to tweak them here and there a bit. It's not entirely accurate to the 3d model as I used existing spare kit parts. I tried getting things to somewhat look like the 3d model but due to real parts not exactly matching up there are obvious discrepancies. I wanted to kitbash it with real parts like the original ANH X wing. Does anyone recognise the round part with the little tubes on the backplate?

image_zpsxr65hgfk.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

image_zpsrtjcxpoz.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

image_zps0jbk2aqv.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

image_zps04obdcfn.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

Cheers people :)

Man that is looking flawless!

Can I ask about the technique you're using to get such smooth joins with the putty?

For the joints, I bevelled the styrene card so they when they butt up against each other it has a very minor gap to fill. It can be a bit tedious filing down the edges so I made a 'bevel bed' for my dremel. By running the styrene card through it with the table adjusted just enough so the dremel cutting tip was taking away just the right amount off.

Another thing that I do with the putty is I mix a little bit of standard model glue with the putty. It makes it a little more workable and gives a slightly longer working time. If you use too much modelling glue it'll be very gloopy and can start melting the styrene.

Haha yup. It was the closest kit part that I could think of that closely resembled the one on the t-70. I haven't glued it down so as to allow for a possible mounting point for the armature.

Thanks again people! :)

A quick update. This is the part I was always procrastinating on doing. I've started building the cockpit. I've made it in a way so that when I make castings of it, it can be painted outside of the body and then dropped in later. Now to find some appropriate greeblies....

image_zpsotwwh1qa.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

image_zpsx1ctdias.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

image_zpsgrms1rgc.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

image_zpshjjh0ees.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back