CW Arrow Wild Dog and Vigilante

SANSMY

I'm a huge fan of the CW show, Arrow and an even bigger fan of their work on the costumes. I'm planning to join the cosplay community this year and cos as two of my favourite new characters from the show, Wild Dog and Vigilante. Here's some of my work on a Wild Dog costume. The T-Shirt is not exactly the most accurate. It was just a test print for a Wild Dog logo which i drew myself. I weathered a Mylec Goalie Mask i ordered off Amazon, to look like it's been used over many battles.

16508502_10212258090477137_5155844749074689474_n.jpg 16602722_10212258090437136_7241610171170619503_n.jpg

However, i do need a little bit of help with Vigilante. I've been studying some screen captures from a few episodes and it seems like Vigilante is wearing a hockey / ski mask over a balaclava. Could someone point me in the right direction with regards to his mask (not including the ski goggles) and body armor?

vlcsnap-2017-03-04-09h10m22s360.png vlcsnap-2017-03-04-09h11m10s854.png vlcsnap-2017-03-04-09h13m37s346.png vlcsnap-2017-03-04-09h14m00s621.png vlcsnap-2017-03-04-09h14m45s547.png

Well the shoulder armor is definitely knee pads, but im not sure if they've been identified yet. Im pretty sure the chest armor is this: Visit page from Evike. Alot of people use them for Red Hood. Over on the Emerald Archers facebook group some of us are trying to identify the mask parts, but we havent come up with anything yet. I reccomend checking out that group for more help. Just send a request to join and a message about why to Andrew Pinder and/or Justin Monk (the admins) Im sure someone over there could help more

I have been a regular member of EA a number of years now. With the help of the props master Ken Hawryliw at CWArrow I was able to identify the original prop used for the mask. It is an authentic reproduction of the Buffalo Mask used by Dave Dryden between 1970 and 1974.

The mask is a goalie mask and is 350usd from the following website
http://www.hockeymasks.com/details.html?msk=42

42-Dave-Dryden-Mask_Mask from the past.jpg42-Dave-Dryden-Mask_Mask from the past.jpg

These exact masks are made where possible to the exact original, and also used by the hockey HALL OF FAME.

Whilst liaising with "Ken" on the EA group he also made it clear that the base shell for the vigilante was also from this same website. From what I remember we identified that mask too.

Whilst the Wild Dog/Dryden mask is an awesome mask, I now understand why a number of the CWTeam and EA team don't have it, since many will not be able to afford the outlay. Though has we find in this hobby, if you want screen accuracy, more often than not you will have to pay the bucks for it. Hope this helps clarify the main prop masks for both Wild Dog and The Vigilante.

I have identified a number of cheaper masks on EA (Emerald Archers) which may be of interest to those working on a budget.

I have identified nearly all clothing and items for the vigilante, except for the visor which was a custom made prop by their design team.

For the in depth thread I suggest you join the Emerald Archer group. I use a mobile phone and I'm unable to repost that thread in it's entirety here.
The only items I did not identify where the miscellaneous items such as Velcro pieces, red leather straps which were used to reinforce the vest/clothing, and shoes/boots from what I remember.

Feel free to repost the thread here if you like, or relist the items I identified and tag me as the source of information.

Kind regards..

The Wild Dog gloves have now been identified by Mr Luke Tanner on Emerald Archers.

Gloves are -- "Giro Remedy X Glove" available in Brown n Black. Quite often this colour scheme are out of stock.

Giro Remedy X Glove_Luke Tanner.jpg

Giro Remedy X Glove_Luke Tanner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this recently, unfortunately no XL still available:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/490364...MIgKfjjP2Q1gIVToBpCh01wAJSEAQYASABEgJkzfD_BwE

I'd love to get one in XL :(

I assume that the shirt is a jersey, and matches the colour and bands, etc. of the BUFFALO SABERS from NY (I know nuthin of hockey). A "bank jersey can be obtained:
http://blankhockeyjerseys.com/buffalo-sabres-blank-hockey-jerseys-810c.aspx

Another amazing reproduction here, faithful to the CW show design:
http://www.imgrum.org/media/1511823265562886263_4168289327

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back