CHIPs movie? WTH happened?

I just saw a trailer for a CHIPs movie, but they made it a comedy. WTH?! I don't remember the show being a comedy. There may have been funny moments, but it was a police show. Then they stick Dax Shepard in it! First Ghostbusters and now this series...

Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.... I don't know if I'd throw this in with Ghostbusters... more Dukes of Hazard.

I mean if I had to write a list of 80's shows, I'm not sure I would have even remembered CHIPS.

But mostly, and this may have been said already, they are trying to cash in on 21 Jumpstreet cash and sequels.

But that had Miller and Lord... Dax is not Miller OR Lord.

I don't know why they would expect the movie to benefit from being called a CHiPs remake.

The diehard ChiPs fans will be insulted and dismiss it - BEFORE they buy a ticket, not after. It's too obviously an insult for the studio to pass it off as any kind of remake.

The other 99 percent of the audience either won't know or won't care that there was a 40yo TV show with the same name.

Hollywood has lots its luster. Destroying everything that may have once been cherished by someone. Drag the last penny out of any idea someone had in the past that may have been liked at some point.

It seems to be the way they go with TV to movie remakes. Starsky and Hutch, 21 Jump Street, Dukes of Hazzard... they all ended up as comedies when they became movies.

I'm waiting for LA Law to come back as a movie.

I was amazed at how utterly repulsed I was by this trailer. Endless genitalia jokes, scatalogical humor, completely new histories for the main characters, no link to the original series.
Why call this CHiPs? Call it Superfuzz 2 ; Men on Bikes or some such nonsense.

I was amazed at how utterly repulsed I was by this trailer. Endless genitalia jokes, scatalogical humor, completely new histories for the main characters, no link to the original series.
Why call this CHiPs? Call it Superfuzz 2 ; Men on Bikes or some such nonsense.
Yeh I feel the same. Was told yesterday beauty and the beast was full of feminism and Lafou batted for the other team and liked Geston. Seems like as they remake things it just gets nastier, darker, or political. Hollywood just doesn't realize that they can ACTUALLY LEAVE THINGS THE WAY THEY WERE AND NOT EVRYTHING HAS TO BE REMADE. I wish someone up in Hollywood would grow some new ideas. For movies and stop trying to remake my child hood only to squash it like a bug[emoji35]

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back