All-New Wolverine *COMPLETE*

Re: All-New Wolverine *WIP*

Unfortunately don't know if I will ever get better at the scaling part though >_<
Thanks heaps! And once again thanks for following my wolvie journey :)
yeah no problem! its an amazing build and i wouldnt miss any of it!!!! also thanks alot for following my spidey adventure (btw theres been a slight change in plans)

Agreed, I think that's why I'm liking v1 better because it looks so mean!
It's the roll out foam matting so if I measure it it's about 5-6mm in thickness :)
Oh and thanks so much for the feedback definitely helping with my decision making skills [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem. You may want to try some of the thinner craft foam but thats 6mm as well. But it's a bit easier to work with.
Also not sure if you've seen it or not but there is a video on YouTube of a guy who made his own custom wolverine cowl the video is in Spanish but you can make out what he is saying with his images and I can try to link it if you want. But the way he made it is the way I plan to make mine except I'll be using foam instead of cardboard. In case you wanted a different option. Good luck, can't wait to see it all come together.

No problem. You may want to try some of the thinner craft foam but thats 6mm as well. But it's a bit easier to work with.
Also not sure if you've seen it or not but there is a video on YouTube of a guy who made his own custom wolverine cowl the video is in Spanish but you can make out what he is saying with his images and I can try to link it if you want. But the way he made it is the way I plan to make mine except I'll be using foam instead of cardboard. In case you wanted a different option. Good luck, can't wait to see it all come together.

It's a bit hard to find any of the easier working craft foam here in Oz that's why I'm using the foam matting :) I do have 2mm craft foam A4 sheets but I'm guessing that is way too thin.
Oh awesome, I'll try and find the vid, always nice seeing different ways of creating things :)

Thanks heaps for the feedback and also I absolutely love your build! Can't wait to see that finished too! :D

Hiya everyone, sorry for the lack of updates...work has been soooooo busy and I've just been wanting to sleep as soon as I get home. Also been a bit busy celebrating the long weekend. Anyway, I finally finished sanding down my 3d printed claws today
unnamed5.jpg

The next step is to drill holes in the claws and put in the wire to hold the claws, here's an example of how they will be done on one of my spares
unnamed (6).jpgunnamed (5).jpg
Definitely hoping to get the claws done by this week, and as for my new cowl I am not entirely sure if I will be building another one, I may just be using my old version. I guess it all just depends on how much time I have left to work on everything. Only 2 more weeks until the con, wish me luck! :)

At last. Is the paint just primer?

I know, excited I can finally start working on wolvie again. Yes that grey is just the primer, when I put the wires into the claws I will then hang the claws up from these and paint them a metallic silver colour [emoji51]

All-New Wolverine *WIP*

Been fiddling around with ideas on making my boot covers. So I started to wing a pattern on an unused pair of shoes. I used a lot of masking tape to wrap around the shoe and drew rough centre lines.
7695e19988a00d70f032994885cb7aba.jpg

I cut the pieces delicately off of the shoe and used this as my template
46188016a2324103b3f454ba4add201d.jpg

I traced the template onto some craft foam I've had lying around (roughly 2mm thickness) and then flipped it and created the other side. After this I glued these two pieces together on the back with spare strips of foam.
985769bb677d4a5d09b3719b1cc89e6e.jpg

56f8967222956770aae1f03d1c2758ca.jpg

And this is what I created, it's a bit too small so I have enlarged the pattern a bit. I want to try and make these boot covers removable by possibly using elastic? I'm probably creating more work for myself by trying to make them removable but yeah. I'm also not sure how I am going to do the actual top section of the boot yet but I'll try and figure it out tomorrow :)
I have also began painting cowl v1, I am doing extremely thin coats to try and make sure there are no brush marks, I am up to 4 coats for the yellow section at the moment!

Last edited:

View attachment 721885View attachment 721884
Definitely hoping to get the claws done by this week, and as for my new cowl I am not entirely sure if I will be building another one, I may just be using my old version. I guess it all just depends on how much time I have left to work on everything. Only 2 more weeks until the con, wish me luck! :)

Great great build!
Can I ask what size and type of wire you are using there?

Thanks and good luck on the second cowl

Great great build!
Can I ask what size and type of wire you are using there?

Thanks and good luck on the second cowl

I think it's 3mm tig welding wire, only using it because my dad gave me some from his shop, otherwise I probably would've used coat hanger wire like a lot of others use for their builds :) I'm assuming the coat hanger wire would be much easier to bend instead of this stuff too!

Thanks heaps! :)

Finally finished painting the yellow onto the cowl, all up 11 thin coats of yellow acrylic paint, used a foam brush to paint it on. Now for the blue paint [emoji51]
1fa35b3dadb9ac5f29687b43b46dde75.jpg

Just went and bought some spray paint for the claws so they will be getting painted either tonight or tomorrow as the glue for the handles for the claws are still drying. Hopefully this colour turns out ok!
5d94c822239afb2c4d7a5e43ba18ed09.jpg

Also went and bought some material for the belt and elastic for the cowl so will hopefully have the belt done by tonight, fingers crossed. 6 days until the con![emoji43]

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back