All-New Wolverine *COMPLETE*

Re: All-New Wolverine *WIP*

Last night my dad helped me to solder together the claws, I then began sanding them to hide the seams. They still need to be sanded a little more before I spray some filler on them but here they are! (oh, excuse the messy hair it was late and I was too happy with my claws to care about my hair in the photos hahaha)
unnamed (3).jpgunnamed (4).jpgunnamed2.jpg
As you can see I have rounded off the ends so they are not pointy at all, this is to make sure that I get through weapons check!
I have also been working on the new cowl, about 1/4th has been completed, will upload pics of it when more has been completed :). Once again thanks to everyone who has commented and been watching this thread since I began! *SNIKT*

Last edited:

Sleepy update [emoji42]: Worked on cowl v2 a bit more tonight, as you can see I stupidly glued the side sections wrong so it's not really looking round it's looking more like a helmet. I'm hoping with a little bit of elbow grease I can sand these pointy bits out and make it look more rounded *fingers crossed*
I would say I've spent about 3 1/2 hours on this cowl (including cutting paper templates, tracing onto foam, cutting out of foam etc.)

90e458e68e9acf9c821dfbe59a8a968c.jpg
3ba1fdb65a38e483806e2a8ad2f1e314.jpg

Goodnight fellow RPFers [emoji42][emoji42]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angle cuts must be perfect, either way it can't look like that much cool. Dude, you people force me to build new a Wolverine cowl for myself. But I don't have time!

Angle cuts must be perfect, either way it can't look like that much cool. Dude, you people force me to build new a Wolverine cowl for myself. But I don't have time!

Aw damn, you can't even build a little each night after work?

Aw damn, you can't even build a little each night after work?

It's actually not about that. Of course I have time but I spend lot of it for my Batsuit. And about one month later I'm gonna join military for between 6 months and 1 year which is sucks. I want to build full suit. After my military times, I hope.

It's actually not about that. Of course I have time but I spend lot of it for my Batsuit. And about one month later I'm gonna join military for between 6 months and 1 year which is sucks. I want to build full suit. After my military times, I hope.

Oh yeah damn I forgot about the batsuit! >_<
Wow, that sounds like a good life experience though :)

Oh yeah damn I forgot about the batsuit! >_<
Wow, that sounds like a good life experience though :)

I just don't think so, but, I hope it will. And finish what you started before I join military, because I want see final result. :D

I just don't think so, but, I hope it will. And finish what you started before I join military, because I want see final result. :D

You never know until you go I guess :)
Haha don't worry I definitely will! Needs to be finished by April 29th so I'm sure you will get to see it :D

Worked on cowl V2 a little bit more tonight, problem is I think the scale is too big ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
I'm gonna keep working on it though to see what the whole thing looks like put together and see if it really does look too big, but as you can see the chin strap is far too large hmmm.
Taking photos side by side of cowl V1 and cowl V2 really makes me miss the look of cowl V1! I know that the 2nd cowl is more accurate to the comic book version but I really love the first cowl I made! Sigh, i suck at deciding when there are choices >_____< What does everyone else think? I know in the end it's up to me but wouldn't mind getting the opinions of others :)

Also included an image of the comic book cowl version to show why cowl V2 is more accurate.

unnamed (3).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed.jpg5043929-all-new+wolverine+(2015-)+005-021.jpg

All-New Wolverine *WIP*

Both look great! But I like the newer cowl better, I agree with you about the size maybe scale it back a little bit. That being said the V1 does looks a bit meaner. If you don't mind me asking, what thickness of foam are you using for the cowl?

Last edited:

Both look great! But like the newer cowl better, I agree with you about the size maybe scale it back a little bit. That being said the V1 does looks a bit meaner. If you don't mind me asking, what thickness of foam are you using for the cowl?

Agreed, I think that's why I'm liking v1 better because it looks so mean!
It's the roll out foam matting so if I measure it it's about 5-6mm in thickness :)
Oh and thanks so much for the feedback definitely helping with my decision making skills [emoji23]

Maybe your head shrink? :D

Still cool work. Do it again just with correct size.

Hahaha maybe it did shrink, knowing my luck it probably did [emoji58][emoji58]

And thank you! I'm thinking I'll try scale it again but if it still doesn't work out I may just use my old cowl as a backup!

new cowl looks awesome! i have so much trouble working with foam.

Cheers man! :) Trust me so do I, but I have noticed the great thing about screwing up the scaling my skills have gotten a lot better than my first cowl I made (which was too small, hahah). I honestly think it is just about practise practise practise! :)

Cheers man! :) Trust me so do I, but I have noticed the great thing about screwing up the scaling my skills have gotten a lot better than my first cowl I made (which was too small, hahah). I honestly think it is just about practise practise practise! :)
practice does help :) best of luck finishing it!!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back