Random Thought - Flash Hood made from Foam?

The14thDr

Sr Member
I just had a random thought....

I'm thinking of working on a Flash costume, and for the cowl I'd like something that functions a little more like the cowl in the show.

I realise that two separate cowls were used: one actually cowl and a hood, but I wonder if it would be possible to make a foam cowl, then modify it so that it can fold down like a hood?

EDIT: a quick and frankly terrible drawing that I mocked up on my phone:
View attachment 711213

I was thinking of having the front of the cowl separate and sort of hinged from the back, so that it can be pulled upwards and the back of the cowl just collapses down (sort of like when Talia Al Ghul removes Batman's cowl in Arkham City.)

Last edited:
There's a few videos of zoom and flash masks there was on I saw focusing on a flash cowl made from polyurethane foam the material was stretchy and flexible enough to sit around the blokes neck whilst also sitting securely around his head

I just had a random thought....

I'm thinking of working on a Flash costume, and for the cowl I'd like something that functions a little more like the cowl in the show.

I realise that two separate cowls were used: one actually cowl and a hood, but I wonder if it would be possible to make a foam cowl, then modify it so that it can fold down like a hood?

EDIT: a quick and frankly terrible drawing that I mocked up on my phone:
View attachment 711213

I was thinking of having the front of the cowl separate and sort of hinged from the back, so that it can be pulled upwards and the back of the cowl just collapses down (sort of like when Talia Al Ghul Batman's cowl in Arkham City.)

I was thinking of doing something like this for a batman mask... have a hard shell underneath (kind of like those cheap kids masks at walmart) and a spandex mask around it

Look up xieng prod on youtube. He's down a foam flash mask I think. Just craft foam sheets. Also does tons of other foam helmets and masks that look pretty legit

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!! Looks like the route I'll be taking is a mask for only the front of the cowl, with fabric (possibly spandex?) over the top of that.

Thanks again for all the input/suggestions.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back