THANOS - MCU Full Costume - Mask, Helmet, Armor, Everything - WIP

KJC

I have been commissioned to make a full MCU Thanos costume for a client. I am very excited to make this finally, as I have quoted this costume to a few people previously, but they did not go through with hiring me.

I have begun by digitally sculpting the head which I will then 3D model the helmet to fit.

Here is the sculpt of the head.

Thanos sculpt front.jpgThanos sculpt 3 quarter profile.jpgThanos sculpt side.jpg

I am currently running a 1:3 scale test print of this. If everything looks good on the shapes and the fine details show up enough in the print, I will proceed with the full size print. That will then be cleaned up and skinned in clay to sculpt in more fine wrinkles and add skin texture.

Subbed for sure.

So what are you going to make the materials out of? Is it going to be a wearable costume, or a display piece?

Here is a quick digital mock up for the body size of the suit.

size reference front.jpgsize reference side.jpg

The human model is scaled to 6 ft and the suit mock up with the helmet stands at just over 7 ft. The feet will have a significant platform and the wearer will be slightly tiptoed with their heel raised. This is the best way to fit a human foot in to the calf/ankle area of the suit. The arms will be extended with the hands either being static posed or puppeted via pulleys.

Chest/shoulders, gauntlets, and grieves 3D models courtesy of Do3D. They are not entirely accurate, so I will have to add detail and modify them as well as scale to my build size, but this saves me a good bit of work.
bust model front.jpgbust model side.jpg
greaves model.jpgleft gauntlet model.jpg

Chest/shoulder piece, gauntlets, and grieves have been scaled to size and printed. Pictures of the pieces forthcoming after all pieces are assembled.

Here is a preview in 3D model form.

thanos preview.jpg

Here is another X-ray view showing the scale to a 6 ft human. There will be a 1 ft platform under the feet. Arms will be extended as well.

thanos size reference.jpg

This thing is going to be massive. The gauntlets are the size of my thighs and the grieves are almost as big as my torso.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back