Logan (Post-release)

I think the most tragic part is he finally had family and nobody was after him anymore, and it all happened in the same moment :(:cry

An idea of how the kids could have saved him:

Laura has healing powers and claws, one boy could shock very strong, one girl could freeze, and a body matching him was laying there. Laura could have transplanted his head from his old body to the clone, the girl could have preserved the body if needed, and the boy could have jumpstarted his heart. Then the one who could move elements could have buried the other body deep underground instead of leaving a mound on the ground. Of course, the adamantium would still poison him, and he'd still outlive his loved ones (except he and Laura would he together for at least a century). Its a wild possibility but I am okay with how it turned out.

I think the most tragic part is he finally had family and nobody was after him anymore, and it all happened in the same moment :(:cry

An idea of how the kids could have saved him:

Laura has healing powers and claws, one boy could shock very strong, one girl could freeze, and a body matching him was laying there. Laura could have transplanted his head from his old body to the clone, the girl could have preserved the body if needed, and the boy could have jumpstarted his heart. Then the one who could move elements could have buried the other body deep underground instead of leaving a mound on the ground. Of course, the adamantium would still poison him, and he'd still outlive his loved ones (except he and Laura would he together for at least a century). Its a wild possibility but I am okay with how it turned out.

Wait... wait... We've gone from a proposed heart transplant to a HEAD transplant now?! I mean... I get wanting to have the character live, and yeah... comic book science, but that either of those would have been ridiculous.

The ending, in my opinion, was perfect. Beautifully tragic and a lovely callback to the Shane scene earlier in the film. Because if we're entirely honest here, Logan was never destined for a happy ending. That sort of thing just doesn't happen for guys like him.

Yeah it was a thought I had a few days ago, I know its insane but it was a small possibility if Hugh were to continue. I take back about him living centuries, the adamantium would start to tarnish his factor in 50 years of so, depending on Rice's special recipe foods were eaten in the new body. I just cant fully move on and need more clawed beserker action LOL. Maybe someone continues the genetics research and creates Daken, OR he's already been made and shows up in the 80s 90s era X films. Yeah, I just want more Wolvie LOL

her part in the story (new mutant shows up when there hasn't been any) is similar to Hope Summers, who Cable takes to the future to train, so its not completely without a comic precedent

Logan's ending was perfect and i wish they would basicly end this entirely now and just reboot the whole thing towards an x-men universe that doesn't revolve around wolverine and that has a messed up timeline...

It was def different then what i expected and i liked it. Wasn't mind blowing but overall good movie. read alot about how good the girl was and i thought she was ok but not that she stole the show or anything.

While I haven't been happy with the Xmen films in general, I really don't want to see a reboot. Unless, they were re-integrated back into the MCU and Marvel/Kevin Fiege had control over the characters.

Call me crazy, but I had the sudden urge after watching this to play as Wolverine.

I remembered a demo I played a few yrs back so the hunt began for The Wolverine: Origins for ps3/xbox 360. Yea $20 and a solid buy. Hack n slash enjoyment for days.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I don't know if I mentioned this but there were two things I really respected about this movie.

The first one is that at no point, did they try to make anything about this futuristic. It was supposed to take place in 2029 (I think) and they didn't show that at all. It was as if the world started to collapse and nothing advanced beyond today's design and tech. They just let the audience suspend their disbelief.

The second thing is that unlike every other action flick out there, they didn't try to develop any big set pieces for action to take place on (JJ trek is the worst offender) This film happened on earth. Not in some ramped up, version of it. Even the final part of the film took place simply in a forest. There weren't any other elemental precipices to heighten the action. No cliffs for anyone to almost get thrown off of. It wasn't on the roof of a fast train, or even on the wing of an airplane.

It just played out like it should.

...The first one is that at no point, did they try to make anything about this futuristic. It was supposed to take place in 2029 (I think) and they didn't show that at all. It was as if the world started to collapse and nothing advanced beyond today's design and tech. They just let the audience suspend their disbelief...
The limousine Logan drove was modified to look as if it had been designed at some point in the not-too-distant future, and there were the autonomous trucks on the highway, but otherwise I agree--they kept "the future" to a minimum. They could just as easily have set the movie in 2017 and there would have been no discernible difference.

I know this thread is nearly dead but I had to chime in on a few thoughts after seeing Logan 4 times, the last time was with friends who hadn't seen it. One easily picked up on that Charles killed the X-men, the other had to have it explained. The third act is a little clunky- too much Logan fading in & out and camping activities. I didn't see it here, but I've read others bemoaning the fate of the family they stayed with. Unfortunately, they were doomed before Logan, Charles & Laura met them- it was a matter of time before they were muscled out or even rubbed out, although likely just the dad, by the canewood thugs. I've seen some say it didn't move them much and to be honest, it hit me harder on repeat viewings as it resonated more personally- it really sunk in about the characters' mortality , actors' mortality, and my own relationship to an aging parent whose health is declining. On top of that, there was the daughter who will never know her father; I could relate. Logan definitely is not perfect but what it gets right is so rewarding.

I know this thread is nearly dead but I had to chime in on a few thoughts after seeing Logan 4 times, the last time was with friends who hadn't seen it. One easily picked up on that Charles killed the X-men, the other had to have it explained. The third act is a little clunky- too much Logan fading in & out and camping activities. I didn't see it here, but I've read others bemoaning the fate of the family they stayed with. Unfortunately, they were doomed before Logan, Charles & Laura met them- it was a matter of time before they were muscled out or even rubbed out, although likely just the dad, by the canewood thugs. I've seen some say it didn't move them much and to be honest, it hit me harder on repeat viewings as it resonated more personally- it really sunk in about the characters' mortality , actors' mortality, and my own relationship to an aging parent whose health is declining. On top of that, there was the daughter who will never know her father; I could relate. Logan definitely is not perfect but what it gets right is so rewarding.
Did you see comic girl 19 review this flick? She have a pretty moving criticism of it. The lack of a hero shot being quite depressing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Did you see comic girl 19 review this flick? She have a pretty moving criticism of it. The lack of a hero shot being quite depressing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Actually, a while back I tried to watch her vid but I think I became turned off by her approach on it. To me, the movie delivered the tone it promised in the trailer, and felt she came at it, not with with an agenda, but a perspective that was sure to be disappointed. To be honest, I'd have to revisit her vid to recrystalize those weeks gone reactions. Right now distracted by Last Jedi stuff & sleepiness. ;-)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back