Logan (Post-release)

Oh man !

I wanted to stand up on a ridge after it was over like C. Thomas Howell.
weapons held high and yell .

WOLVERINE !!!!!!!!

Damn today was a Good Day !!

Got the remastered unedited Salute of the Jugger AKA The Blood of Heroes blu ray from Japan .
Then get to watch Logan !

Last edited:
I honestly don't know what to say about this movie. It really was incredibly good. Maybe a little too liberal with the cuss words some times. Its not that I have a problem with that at all, but it seems like they put some in there just because they could. I dunno. Overall though this movie was just way better than I ever thought it would be. Even now, if I start thinking about a couple scenes in particular, I'll start sobbing. So good. I need to see it again.

Watched tonight and the Movie was Great.... a little more than I expected but a Good Ending. Will see again in a few weeks.... like the one said "Wolverine"

Hmm man maybe I'll have to watch again but to me it was overhyped. Action was great, pacing was good but after 17 years of knowing these characters I felt nothing towards those deaths. Especially Prof X's... That wast just ummm.. not great

Last edited:
I went into this one with zero expectations. While I enjoyed "The Wolverine", I was not overwhelmed enough to buy it, nor any of the other X Men films. This was easily a three and a half out of four star film for me. Really worth seeing.

Saw it last Friday - was very well received (but that may be because all in attendance worked for Fox, lol). Thought it was a nice way for Jackman to bow out of the character. Going again tonight with the kids.

Man, I cried like a baby as well as a lot of other people at my showing...Got nothing but applause at the end of it. God, I was not expecting that scene in the house with Charles. I thought he was having a nightmare until Laura woke up. What a great movie. Took a few bits from The Death of Wolverine as well as some from Old Man Logan arcs. Fantastic movie, I will be seeing this at least 2 more times. I've been seeing the X-men films since they came out and I just can't believe it's over for the original cast now. End of an era. Mangold did a fantastic job.

Checked it out last night!

It's the real deal. So good. Clenched jaw the entire time.

X23 rules. Logan was amazing. My favorite Patrick Stewart role.

I would go into more detail, but I wanna see it again.

Glad to see Logan went out on a full R rating, definitely felt more real. What an ending. Will have to see it again hopefully without some ***** coughing in my ear the whole movie. If your sick stay the hell home.

Movie was awesome. Like others have stated, liberal use of the F-bomb particularly by Xavier. I don't see him using it except for the times when he was in a deranged state.

What bothered me slightly was how the other kids were hesitant to use their powers to try and save themselves during the round up, whereas X-23 had no problems whatsoever letting herself go wild. Either they didn't get the training like she did or they were just that passive.

Also wondering how the X-Movies will be going forward since this one is set in the future where mutants are practically extinct. I definitely see a Legacy virus storyline being adapted.

Last edited:
Bought tickets for tomorrow to see it again... I saw it with my wife, kid, friend (all girls) and my parents (in their 60's), so I DID spend a bunch of the movie wondering if my parents had ANY idea what was going on (they had never seen an X-Men movie) or if the movie was a little too violent for them (they came because my wife worked in production on it)

When the flick was over, my parents did like it... despite the violence, but didn't get emotional because they weren't that attached to Logan.

My 15 year old daughter, however, bawled the whole way home. She LOVES Logan. She's had a crush on him since I showed her the first X-men when she was 6.

My wife and friend were crying as well as it ended... in fact I could hear TONS of people crying.

Strangely I didn't... I mean it was a fantastic ending, but I didn't get super teary...

HOWEVER the part I almost broke, and even thinking about it now gives me a lump in my throat...

When Xavier gets stabbed by Logan's clone, and Logan runs up to him, picks him and says "It wasn't me!"...

Damn. Just the idea that after all Charles had done for him, That Logan was worrying that Xavier might think he stabbed him in cold blood.

I mean it was even after that whole "it was my best night..." speech.

Ugh. Emotions. QUIT IT!

:(

THOROUGHLY PHENOMENAL.

Yes, it's ever so slightly overhyped - just go in with measured expectations and feel yourself get swept along with this fantastic modern western. Spot on. A really fitting send off and a tribute to the characters of this generation. Felt like I'd watched an absolutely outstanding bit of cinema walking out.

Awesome movie! Although I have some questions...

Whatever happened to Magneto? He's about around Xavier's age.

Whatever happened to the X-Men? Storm? Iceman? Cyclops? Jean Grey? Kitty Pryde? Colossus? These characters are younger than Logan..

What happened to Xavier's wealth to at least provide better living conditions along with Logan and Caliban? I know they're trying to hide out from society for safety reasons...

The movie hinted a few times about an incident at Westchester, which was the location of Xavier's home\X-Men hq\School for Gifted Youngsters. Basically, Charles had one of his episodes and he most likely killed everyone or somehow contributed to their death. Any possible mutants still around would most likely be hiding out in Eden.

In the Old Man Logan graphic novel, which this film takes some inspiration, there was a massive purge of all the super powered heroes by the villains. The villains manipulated Logan's mind in to thinking the school was under attack and Logan killed all the attackers. Later you find out that it was actually the other mutants at the school which he killed.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back