Logan (Post-release)

I had read there was supposed to be an extra scene either during or at the end of the credits, but when I saw it this afternoon there wasn't one. If there was, could someone please tell me what it was?

I had read there was supposed to be an extra scene either during or at the end of the credits, but when I saw it this afternoon there wasn't one. If there was, could someone please tell me what it was?

I did not see any, and I think it wise there is nothing. It's not the kind of Marvel film that should have something tacked on given the ending.

The "bonus scene" if you will, was the Deadpool trailer before the movie started.

If it was revealed at the end of Logan, it would have completely ruined the tone of the movie which was why it was shown prior to the start.

I do wish more emphasis had been put on Logan and Laura's relationship. We didn't really need a whole gaggle of kids.
But no way in hell would this have been a better movie if Logan had killed himself.

I think it a far cry better than by the hands of clone Logan, any way. Would make better use of the adamantium bullet than the thing that solves the big bad problem. Hell, it being a memento for Laura when she takes off would've been something better fitting than what was ultimately done with.

I did not see any, and I think it wise there is nothing. It's not the kind of Marvel film that should have something tacked on given the ending.
Thank you. I agree this isn't the kind of movie that should have any "teaser" scenes, unless they're planning to start over with "X-Men: The Next Generation" or something equally as ridiculous.

The "bonus scene" if you will, was the Deadpool trailer before the movie started.

If it was revealed at the end of Logan, it would have completely ruined the tone of the movie which was why it was shown prior to the start.
Thank you. I'm sure putting the Deadpool 2 trailer (such as it was) at the beginning of Logan was a marketing decision--so many people leave the theater as soon as the credits start to roll that putting it at the end would give it less exposure. But I do agree it would have been tonally inappropriate if they had put it at the end.

I finally got to check it out. Wow what an emotional roller coaster! A few things...

1). Lots of F bombs. I'm no prude, this was just surprising.
2). Boobs. I totally wasn't expecting those. Me: "Oh she's going to pull her top down right after the camera pans to Logan." *doesn't pan away Me: :eek

I loved Logan's swan song. What a great end to for Jackman and Stewart.

I usually don't find this girl's reviews interesting... but she did a "History of the X-Men" type thing a while back that I enjoyed so thought I'd get her opinion on Logan.

As usual, I didn't agree with her, BUT... still was an interesting review... and different take than I've really heard.

Cuz really, I guess if you loved the X-Men cuz it was a comic about hope for mankind, and related to the characters as an outsider to the world, than this would be a pretty hard movie to swallow.

Also... haven't seen her in a while... The robot was an EXCELLENT ADDITION.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah, I like her. She's a mutant, like me :)

I only disagree with her assessment that the film was utterly devoid of hope.
It was sad, sure - but it ended with a whole new family of mutants to carry the torch. I find that hopeful.
I do agree that it needed more bonding with Laura and Logan. I wanted more of that.
I also think the addition of all the other kids was superfluous and unnecessary. The stakes were already high enough.
I wanted more Laura/Logan teamwork - backs to the wall fighting like cornered animals.
That said, it was still a brilliant movie. I'm more than satisfied with it.

I do agree that it needed more bonding with Laura and Logan. I wanted more of that.
I.
I saw it last weekend and will see it once more next week sometime.
I loved it, but it was a little hard to settle into at first b/c it was such a departure.

My first impression was like yours that it needed a little more laura/ logan bonding to make the end more impactful
But the more I think about it, it makes sense, he cant and or doesn't want bonds like that anymore for good reason. I think he even addresses this directly with her as he is recovering in the cabin towards the end. She obviously wants it but he doesn't.

I think his last line has a double meaning when he says "that's what IT feels like " he knows what death AND family feels like for that one or 2 seconds..... for me that makes it a more brutal and devastating moment.

I will see it again and I think it will be more emotional the second time for me.

I know I'm in the minority with this but that last 45-30 minutes (or however long it was starting after the farm sequence) was really weak. That's when I felt it was retreading old, stale ground. At this point, we've seen the X-Men disbanded or in dire straits close to 3-4 times, now, and Wolverine fighting similarly powered mutants an equal number of times. I really wish it rather than falling into the big, superfluous climax of Logan chopping nameless dudes with guns and/or fighting another clawed, super-healing mutant (again), they had cut back on some of that and spent that time to further develop or just study the main three characters. It would have laid a different, more human, foundation on which to attach to these characters rather than rely on "Hey, it's that guy we all know; watch him die, again". I think that would've also helped me be more excited by the climax at end of the film, to just have that breathing room to build up to that literal final shootout, rather than temper it with scenes beforehand of (a) Logan continuing to butcher dudes.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the film, I think it's what these kind of movies need right now; it shows the potential of what these movies always could have been. In a way, it reminds me a lot of the first X-Men film that came out at the start of the new millennium, in how it took the stuff seriously (as much as it could) and really strove to be a film first and foremost rather than a "comic" film. And like the first film, do I think it's a great film? No, definitely not. But I do think it a good film. Yes, absolutely. I'd go so far to say that it's one of the better of these films I've seen put out. I just wish it had been tighter and more polished.

...I still need to re-watch Shane.

Just saw it. Man it sucks the wind out of you. My only issue is I'm tired of the whole character doesn't talk then suddenly does. And I could have done without all the Spanish. It was too distracting.

I saw this a few days ago. Overall it was ok, until the end. This is the FREAKING WOLVERINE and your going to kill him off because he got thrown into a stump? Really? I mean I understand he wasnt healing but the stump part was very cheesy and unemotional to me. Now if he died because he succumbed to his wounds after slicing 24s head off, that would have been cool. But a stump? Eh...... I did get the feels when the girl turned the cross into an X though.

I'm pretty sure Logan was going to die regardless if he was jammed on a stump or not. He was messed up pretty bad from the battle and he took that entire bottle of juice that they mentioned would kill you in a full dose

I did have a problem with the stump, too. Not necessarily because it was a stump (thought it did have something to do with it) but because it was another example of the story needing to hit a specific beat but took a quick and admittedly weak path to do it. Logan's injuries are compounded until he suffers one so severe he can't heal from it and dies, I get it, but to go the way they did was really left wanting.

Also, when he injected himself, was I the only one that imagined the Popeye tune when he breaks open a can of spinach?

I'm pretty sure Logan was going to die regardless if he was jammed on a stump or not. He was messed up pretty bad from the battle and he took that entire bottle of juice that they mentioned would kill you in a full dose

As soon as we saw the note we knew what he was going to do.
And he knew that would mean the end of him.
He was going to save them even if it meant it was the last thing he did.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back