Logan (Post-release)

The end part...Logan gets impaled on the tree stump by the clone, Girl shoots the clone in the head, Boom dead. Logan says some few lines and dies. Could the kids not used the clones bodyparts to fix logan. He is a clone of logan thus logans body would not reject them, + it has the same healing ability as Logans body has which is not working 100% anymore. When i saw the movie it thought the treebranch went thru logans heart thus killing him, but then it would be pretty easy to pop out the brand new heart from the clone and pop it into logans body. No more dead logan.

I also hoped to see that the "EDEN" they where going to was a hidden place made by Magneto. ( Like the metal place in the forest in X-men last stand) He would be the perfect guy to know how to stay hidden from other mutants that has powers that is used to track them down (caliban, Professor X )

I read they really wanted to use Sabretooth instead of the X-24 clone. That definitely would have put it over the top for me. That's the one thing I wanted to see again and I think a more fitting final battle.

Yeah, this tweet had me excited right up until the film lol :(
IMG_20170307_094056.jpg

The end part...Logan gets impaled on the tree stump by the clone, Girl shoots the clone in the head, Boom dead. Logan says some few lines and dies. Could the kids not used the clones bodyparts to fix logan. He is a clone of logan thus logans body would not reject them, + it has the same healing ability as Logans body has which is not working 100% anymore. When i saw the movie it thought the treebranch went thru logans heart thus killing him, but then it would be pretty easy to pop out the brand new heart from the clone and pop it into logans body. No more dead logan.

I also hoped to see that the "EDEN" they where going to was a hidden place made by Magneto. ( Like the metal place in the forest in X-men last stand) He would be the perfect guy to know how to stay hidden from other mutants that has powers that is used to track them down (caliban, Professor X )

Not actually so easy... To get at the heart, you'd have to go through the rib cage, which in Logan's case are adamantium. Even if Laura used her claws to cut it, adamantium doesn't heal, so one of his body's main structures would be compromised forever.

Also, these are kids with very little medical training, in the middle of a forest. Doing major surgery would be something so far outside their wheelhouse it would never occur.

Not actually so easy... To get at the heart, you'd have to go through the rib cage, which in Logan's case are adamantium. Even if Laura used her claws to cut it, adamantium doesn't heal, so one of his body's main structures would be compromised forever.

Also, these are kids with very little medical training, in the middle of a forest. Doing major surgery would be something so far outside their wheelhouse it would never occur.

Also, Logan was being slowly poisoned to death by his admantium... it was a matter of time. His healing factor barely working to keep him alive, that damage plus the poisoning was the end...

I had JUST watched "The Wolverine" (also directed by James Mangold) which dealt with Logan waiting to die... and this was BEFORE the poisoning and painful years... He was done. He wanted out.

I guess it would be the same as when he got his claws cut off in "the wolverine" His real bone ribcage would grow out. Not as hard as adamantium, but still able to hold his insides in his body.

Also, Logan was being slowly poisoned to death by his admantium... it was a matter of time. His healing factor barely working to keep him alive, that damage plus the poisoning was the end...

I had JUST watched "The Wolverine" (also directed by James Mangold) which dealt with Logan waiting to die... and this was BEFORE the poisoning and painful years... He was done. He wanted out.
Yeah, but that movie ends with him getting back to USA and gets stopped by magneto and a alive Xavier and that goes into the Days of future past movie. And that movie ends with all the bad stuff that made him wanna die (like killing jean in "the Last stand") never happened.

I also did not pick up the info that it REALLY was the adamantium that was slowly poisoning him to death. He says early in the movie that he believes it being the cause of his healing factor not working. The country doctor also says something like " something is poisoning you, let me help and i might be able to figure out what it is" Then in the end of the movie the evil doctor guy spill the beans that they have been poisoning the worlds water and food for years and that's the reason no mutant have been born for so many years. So i think that was the real reason why he did not heal as good as he can. (Could have needed to go on a Detox) :p

I guess it would be the same as when he got his claws cut off in "the wolverine" His real bone ribcage would grow out. Not as hard as adamantium, but still able to hold his insides in his body.

Yeah, but that movie ends with him getting back to USA and gets stopped by magneto and a alive Xavier and that goes into the Days of future past movie. And that movie ends with all the bad stuff that made him wanna die (like killing jean in "the Last stand") never happened.

I also did not pick up the info that it REALLY was the adamantium that was slowly poisoning him to death. He says early in the movie that he believes it being the cause of his healing factor not working. The country doctor also says something like " something is poisoning you, let me help and i might be able to figure out what it is" Then in the end of the movie the evil doctor guy spill the beans that they have been poisoning the worlds water and food for years and that's the reason no mutant have been born for so many years. So i think that was the real reason why he did not heal as good as he can. (Could have needed to go on a Detox) :p

Okay, here are my thoughts on that, based on decades of reading X-Men comics: Whatever Xavier did in the "Westchester Incident" that killed the other X-Men ****ed Logan up so badly that it permanently impaired his healing factor.

In the comics, there have been multiple storylines done where it was revealed that the adamantium was poisoning him. This is why Deadpool's healing factor (which was given to him by Weapon X through grafting some of Logan's DNA into Deadpool) is so much more powerful than Logan's: it is constantly healing the ongoing damage from the admantium poisoning.

The admantium being the poison is a great revelation. I had cartilage piercings that my body rejected, so I know how he feels! :D

Anyway, as far as any events in the previous movies go in regards to the continuity of Logan, as far as I'm concerned, they are void...

I personally took the inclusion of the comics to say that any events that we saw in the previous movies are just PG retellings...

Xavier even says "When I found you, you were a cage fighter, assassin hooked on barbiturates"... that's a more R rated version of what we saw.

Like when he mentioned the Statue of Liberty, I had to think "I wonder what THIS worlds version of that event looked like... He probably didn't swing around the crown of the statue using his claws"

And that Storm scene probably went

"Do you know what happens when a Toad gets hit by lightning?"

"EAT MY C*CK!"

"**** YOU!!!!!"

*LIGHTNING!!!!!*

Last edited:
I haven't seen this yet,probably won't until it comes to home viewing,but I have been talking to some friends on facebook about it in a movie group I'm in and I kinda have a feeling that:

First Wolverine/Logan WILL be back but not Jackman,somebody else.

Second how? I think we've seen the set up in Deadpool which is a more true-to-the-comic version so I expect both a funny costume wearing Wolvie and some kind of interaction with Wade/Deadpool which should be funny as hell.

I kinda/sorta think we'll see them in the next Deadpool movie and then they'll kinda/sorta "reboot" X-Men in his timeline,which I think we're gonna find is utterly separate from all the X movies so far.

My two cents.

I haven't seen this yet,probably won't until it comes to home viewing,but I have been talking to some friends on facebook about it in a movie group I'm in and I kinda have a feeling that:

First Wolverine/Logan WILL be back but not Jackman,somebody else.

Second how? I think we've seen the set up in Deadpool which is a more true-to-the-comic version so I expect both a funny costume wearing Wolvie and some kind of interaction with Wade/Deadpool which should be funny as hell.

I kinda/sorta think we'll see them in the next Deadpool movie and then they'll kinda/sorta "reboot" X-Men in his timeline,which I think we're gonna find is utterly separate from all the X movies so far.

My two cents.

There is a reason that Wolverine has literally been a part of just about every superhero team in the Marvel universe: He's hands-down one of their most popular characters. I have no doubt that we will see some iteration of Logan again in the future.

Paraphrasing what was said about adamantium poisoning

Zander Rice: "You knew my father"
Logan: "He put this poison in me!"

Zander worked on mutants because his father was included in the Weapon X program in which Logan killed him in the Apocalypse badaas horror scene (most likely not shown but he did die in Logan's escape) And it also makes perfect sense to connect the Apocalypse Weapon X scene to Logan, because they took the blood sample and Zander's program created 23 and 24 with it.

24 "had no soul" he had no remorse and no conscience as Logan did, he didn't care if he lived developing a poison from the stuff, even if he did know about it. He was a weapon, all he needed to know was where to go and who to destroy. Adamantium was a manmade substance, even a mutant would reject it, as heard in Origins when Stryker says Victor's body wouldn't survive the coating, and also when the other guys in uniform are relieved that Logan's body accepted the coating. Taking parts here and there from all the films help explain what was going on

Loved the film!
Very emotional.
Makes me want to watch them all again...now!

Something has been bugging me though.
What were Charle's last words to Logan?
I couldn't hear it in the theater.
Did he say "you were a good son"?

Loved the film!
Very emotional.
Makes me want to watch them all again...now!

Something has been bugging me though.
What were Charle's last words to Logan?
I couldn't hear it in the theater.
Did he say "you were a good son"?

I think he said "Our boat. The Sunseeker"

Yea Charles was trying to tell Logan about the boat. I think Charles was crossing over, seeing his last desires as Logan seen Jean in The Wolverine. Logan didn't see his desires as he crossed over, because he wanted to feel loved and to have family, his line "So this is what it feels like" meant he had what he wanted and ended in his perfect way. In The Wolverine, he wanted Jean, but he was laying there alone, so he seen her as he was between worlds. In Logan, he had his family at his side, so he went on his own and didn't see his desires pulling him to the next life.

I really, really hope that Fox has the guts and smarts to move forward with Daphne as X-23 in future movies.
She obviously worked her butt off training for that role, and she owned it.

Great film. The last shot is one of my new favorite things of all time, and now I finally know what I want on my tombstone.
Congrats and "thank you" to Misters Mangold and Jackman, and Sir Stewart and Miss Keen. Well done, you guys.

Mangold's great. I became an instant fan after watching "Identity".
And "The Wolverine" was pretty solid... until the last act, when it suddenly became a Tex Avery cartoon for no reason...

I'm surprised there's so much discussion on "where this takes place in the timeline"... I'm surprised James Mangold is being kinda vague about it.

I never took it as anything but this is "real life" and those previous movies were "PG versions of what really happened" (much like the comics in the movie)

I came to that conclusion just based on the incredible violence and swearing... This is the "Real Logan and Professor X", not the comic or popcorn movie versions.

If that wasn't the intent, wow, what a missed opportunity.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back