Star Lord's new scanner

These prices are crazy! I'm thinking about buying the green version, modifying it and mold/cast it in resin

nevermind, I didn't realize the stadium is different.

Should have bought one... the one on Amazon went from $45 to $89. :facepalm

Trying to decide if waiting it out is a good idea or a bad one.. but there are some serious mark ups happening here. Reminds me of what happened with the Graflex flash tubes.

Last edited:
Should have bought one... the one on Amazon went from $45 to $89. :facepalm

Trying to decide if waiting it out is a good idea or a bad one.. but there are some serious mark ups happening here. Reminds me of what happened with the Graflex flash tubes.

The same thing with the Walkman after the first GOTG

The 2000 version I bought on eBay showed up today. Saw the trailer and figured should pick one up right away, before things get too crazy. Got it for a $17 buyout right when first posted. Should I get a '77 or will someone probably make replacement stickers, seems a shame deface a vintage original just for a couple stickers....

This would be a fun build but I'm not dropping $80+ on one of these. I may check out a couple of thrift shops but I've pretty much written eBay off with the current prices

alf.jpgThe original uses a different technology and yes leave that alone unless it's to repair it. The 2000 (pictured) and the newer licensed one use LCD panels for the effect, and trying to figure out what to do next in my experiment, but it seems related to a theoretical polarizing filter, which may or may not exist on the surface. Take that off in parts and red becomes green. In theory. not confirmed yet..

. I had to rebuild all the wiring, there's about 3 strands apiece and a few flexes and it goes. Caveat tinker.

Very nice! How did you end up doing that?

Ok... thats wicked cool. How?

Holly sit awesome

Really really cool. New display and micro-controller? I'll probably wait for the movie so we can see all it does, but pick up parts when I can.

It was much easier than you would think guys. Turns out a Samsung galaxy S3 fits inside just perfect :D

I created the animation based off screen grabs. I'll update it once more source material becomes available, but my plan is to offer the animation file along with a mod kit of sorts that will include new stickers, the resistor and whatever I can come up with for the lever/knob for those that want it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back