Deagostini x wing test run started 1/18 scale !

Just a point: they usually launch at New Year, so this will only be the first four issues, then a polite letter and no charge for the parts with a promise that should they go ahead, you will be informed, that's what happened with the Falcon and the Eaglemoss DeLorean

They used to launch in a particular TV region in the UK to 'test' them, but now, thanks to the internet, everybody knows about them!

That's just an odd scale for them to choose. Why not go with the studio scale or match the scale of the falcon they released. I'm guessing it's just bigger models cost more and they are greedy. I'm not going to buy one but I'll watch all the threads of people building them.
They probably want to stand out from the other studio scale x wings out there. And they probably need to stay in a certain price point from a business stand point

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

After going through the MF build I think I'll stay away from this. Perhaps sometime in the future they, or someone else, will offer the same moldings in a traditional model format without the really cheesy magazines and just box it up with instructions for a realistic price.

I might however buy a few pieces here and there to detail out the Hasbro x wing I have. Assuming they really are that similar in scale. That might be worth it.

Bill

This is worse than "box scale"--it's "price scale." How can we make it match this price point? So remember all those MPC kits built and sitting on your dresser and nothing matched. Same thing, but you but you also spent your your children's college fund on it, too. But you need a bigger dresser for that MF, R2, and X. No one DeAgo would agree with me, but they could have achieved the same price point by coming out with two studio-sized kits in one--so a mix of (for example) X-wing and TIE Fighter parts in each issue and you have to buy both. Some will complain about only wanting one, but enough would get it because they pretty much like both kits or because they want one so bad they buy both. But not many would complain about the scale. Just another way they could look at things. (I absolutely won't buy this new X.)

So...How long is a 1/18 x-wing?

At least 30" long based on the Hasbro X-Wing which is very close to that scale. How accurate are these parts ? Right out of the gate, I see the canopy has a toy like hinge....

I was hoping they would do a T-70 x-wing instead of the T-65. Had they, I would have jumped on board. I just don't need another T-65.

If you're an X-Wing fanatic you'll get one, along with every paragrafix and shapeways part made for it. It'll be an awesome toy that real modelers can turn into an awesome replica.
Don Mac.

They're claiming 69cm and my Hasbro Hero is 73cm, so it's a BIG bird.
I don't quite get this. I thought the Hasbro was just a tad bigger than studio scale...Which is 1/24.

Does anyone know the dimensions of a studio scale model?

I don't quite get this. I thought the Hasbro was just a tad bigger than studio scale...Which is 1/24.

I think the SS of the filming models is a continuing debate??

My Hero is 73cm long, so I'm guessing the DG bird will be almost as big, I think the SS models are way smaller than 1:18

Even a basic photo comparison shows a huge difference in scale....but if the DG is really almost as big as the Hero, then it's a serious decent size. Of course that photo of the ILM guy could be working on a smaller SS.....??.....who knows...I s'pose in the end it doesn't really matter...you either buy it or not;)

0b76be73a6e03471dba63af2de262231.jpgxw5.jpg

I think the confusion lies in that there are multiple Hasbro versions. I believe the original Hasbro was right at SS and close to 1/24. The 1/18 scale Hasbro is known as the Hero version. It is considerably larger but didn't have a cockpit or operable wings. I think I'm right about all that.

Bill

I think the confusion lies in that there are multiple Hasbro versions. I believe the original Hasbro was right at SS and close to 1/24. The 1/18 scale Hasbro is known as the Hero version. It is considerably larger but didn't have a cockpit or operable wings. I think I'm right about all that.

Bill

there was a Hasbro 'Power of the force' x-wing was about 1/28 or so.

The big one looks to be 1/18.

Bill
Thanks! I totally forgot about the original one.

Hasbro Power of the Force Electronic FX vs Salzo studio scale 1/24 replica (photo by PHarchivist)

X-Wing comparisons 2.jpg

The Hasbro POTF ship was the first modern X-Wing and served as the basis for all Hasbro X-Wings (with new mould fuselage minus the electronics) there after until the Hero series bird.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back