View Range of Helmets

How about a First Order Stormtrooper helmet but make the whole upper black part out of smoke colored plexiglass and not just the eyes.

Or Boba Fett, but maybe add a few cm to the visor opening

The Scout Trooper has an opaque visor that limits the peripheral vision.

I think either Boba Fett or Clone Wars phase 1 Snow Clone.
The Fett and Phase 1 clones have narrow peripheral vision but no obstruction straight ahead. They also provide some vision for the feet.
I think the Phase 1 Snow-Clone has a wider slit down the middle than both the regular Clone Trooper and Boba Fett.

But if this is for skiing and some of the face could be visible, go with X-wing pilot or the Snowspeeder pilot variation! Just replace the visor with one with better optical clarity or use unmodified yellow skiing goggles that look close enough. I would not recommend a screen-accurate X-wing visor because it is angular and the edges and corners distort the vision too much.

When you crack into a tree because you can't see out of the helmet, at least you'll look cool doing it!

I personally would stick with a existing ski helmet and just paint it to represent a Star Wars helmet, instead of trying to work an existing design into one.

When you crack into a tree because you can't see out of the helmet, at least you'll look cool doing it!

I personally would stick with a existing ski helmet and just paint it to represent a Star Wars helmet, instead of trying to work an existing design into one.

safety first :thumbsup

But I agree about the Rebel pilot helmets probably being the best design for adding to a ski-helmet

IMG_5385.JPG
Just finished! It's not quite as good as some of the helmets on here but at least it has a greater view range the the snow trooper!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back