New Series Tardis sign

Primrodo

Sr Member
hey guys!

Thought I would share this with you all!

I am working on a few Doctor Who related projects, but most are having other skilled people make me stuff and I thought to share one thing I did myself.

I wanted to make a close replica of the TARDIS "Pull To Open" sign based on the newest series of DW, and it looks something like:

Image003.jpg

So I started researching, and the people that know me well on here know I do alot of research :)

First thing I found out, surprising was that the sign was not white and that it is simply a lighting trick and that it is actually silver!

The edges were roughly weathered with a dremel exposing the bare metal beneath and then the letters applied.

So I bought a galvinized steel sign from a local fabricationplace here that was able to cut it to my exact measurements and pre drill the holes, was pretty sweet!

So I started by spraypainting the silver in my broken BBQ-now-paintQ.

Then I took a blown up picture and roughly dremeled the weathering detail.

IMG_7430.jpg

As you can see in the next couple pictures the white look really is apparent with the camera and no flash:

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7436.jpg

And then as a perk at my work, we do vinyl artwork tehre, so I scaled and matched my stuff to the sign and did the artwork myself, using a peer's artwork as a base, then cut it out and applied it to the sign.

And I must say, I was pretty impressed!

IMG_7439.jpg

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7445.jpg

IMG_7446.jpg

What do you guys think?

I think its beautiful, great job on that, I need to get a metal version to replace my white one. Very nice..how much to make me one ;).

Karst

Thanks guys!

Karsten, I would have no problem making you one if you like, I would just need to cost out the vinyl and the metal sign itself to your dimentions. PM me what you need and I can let you know :)

bumping up an old thread... anyone know what typefaces those are on the sign? i'm going to be doing a not-quite 1:1 scale partial tardis soon (i'll post up a thread with details when i get started). i'd like to make a nice looking sign for it.

thanks!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back