Sourcing Jack Sparrow Wig, Any New Makers?

The-Clayster

Sr Member
Hey dudes,

My Jack Sparrow costume is almost done, all I really need now is a wig. I was going to go with Yordreem but he has raised his prices yet again and I'm not sure it's worth it to have dreads hot glued into the wig and pre-styled at the price and timetable he can deliver ($275). That's just for the hair alone.

I'm looking on eBay and Etsy all the time and not much changes. eBay used to have a few different makers but since the costume has wained in popularity there really are only a few that make decent ones.

I'm not wanting an OST or a DMTNT wig as my costume is for COTBP (because it's the best movie!) so that means a lot less hair and dreadlocks. I know I can make one, but I don't have much time, I go to school and work and the summer is going to be the same story but with an internship thrown in somewhere. I don't really have much time to be making dreadlocks and sewing them in and then styling the whole thing myself. I'm in a band, I make videos, and I have those other responsibilities mentioned above.

Does anyone have any leads on some new wigmakers? I was talking to a few on Facebook but then after Halloween they fell off the face of the Earth.

I'm open to suggestions for sure, but really looking for new sources. Anyone here make wigs?

Any help is appreciated, I've always thought of this place as the HQ for everything quality, hence why I'm asking. It's the last piece of my costume other than some beads that go into it and I just want to get it done so I can start wearing it out at events.

Thanks!

-Clay

Hey dudes,

I was able to get a wig, but now I'm looking for a used tricorn if anyone has one or knows of one.

Just posting here to widen my reach, I have a thread in the WTB area.

-Clay

I'm a little late in the disussion, but I just recently started the wig adventure. I tried making my own by cutting up older wigs I had but I'm having a hell of a time with the dreadlocks and overall look. So I broke down and ordered this from eBay, it looks decent and I figured I'd make alterations/upgrades myself when it arrives. It appears to be almost a custom job.

Here's the Listing

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back