James Keziah Delaney Costume Build (Taboo)

robo3687

Sr Member
GYStMy9.png

With season 1 of Taboo in the can I find myself wanting to make the full James Delaney costume. The build itself won’t start for a little while, but I’ll update as I continue my research. I want to at least have the coat done by the time it hits winter in June.

Here's a list of all the various parts I've spotted so far. Most things will have to be made from scratch, which is fine by me.

Clothes
- Greatcoat/overcoat: wool w/ crocheted boucle collar, though in one episode there appeared to be a plain canvas(?) version of it, but I’ll be doing the wool version.
- Vests: he wears 2 same size vests, one over the other. He seems to have about 6 or 7 different ones that change combos all the time.
- Shirt: looks to be a lightweight linen or cotton. There appears to be a few different colours throughout the show.
- Pants/breeches: Drop front breeches, full leg length, outer calves are laced, inside thigh/crotch has leather panels.
- Top Hat: Long hair, beaver felt top hat. Tapered crown, about 6 inches tall. It is possible to get the hat made by the same people who made it for the show. I enquired about it and the cost w/shipping was close to £600, so safe to say, I’ll be attempting to make my own.
- Boots w/ spurs - black boots, with a brown panel around the top.
- gloves - plain black leather gloves.
- Belt

Accessories
- carved wood walking cane (I found a really nice branch on a tree in my backyard that I'll be making it out of)
- gold skull & crossbones ring (matching a ring worn by Zilpha)
- silver, flat top ring, looks like it has some sanskrit on it, could be an EIC ring (worn in eps 7 & 8)
- lapel pin, silver with a red jewel (and definitely not a press stud as I've seen reported elsewhere)
- fob watch

- finger knives and holsters (worn on the back of the belts)
- native american or african beaded pendant...thingies....not really sure what they are, but they hang from his belt.

Really looking forward to working on this and sharing all the progress on here.

I'm working on this one as well. Currently gathering screenshots and putting a few pieces together. Looking for places that make good quality historical costume pieces (including custom work). Pre-1930s period costumes aren't my thing so I'm not familiar with who the usual suppliers might be.
Looking to get this done by Summer.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back