Brand new to the RPF, new-ish to resin casting

MrPyromancy

I am trying to make a unique prop piece: Demon-Killer bullets. Resin bullet casings with resin crystal rounds with embedded smaller resin crystals. My question is concerning the embedding process. I am using Smooth-Cast 325, silicone molds and so-strong colors. My set up includes a vac chamber and pressure pot. My question is this, does anyone have any advice or have had any success with multiple pours or embedding items in Smooth-Cast 325? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm just starting to get the hang of this and the embedded crystal thing is just far enough out of my grasp where I can't seem to get a handle on it.

Again, thanks for any assistance.

P.S.: I apologize if I put this in the wrong section. I am very new here.

If you want the embedded crystal to sit straight, you are going to have to make a part pour, let that cure, position the crystal, then finish the pour.

If you need to tint the outer part, then mix up a batch where you add pigments to Part B only. This way you get colour consistent with the two pours.

Good to hear that you have a vacuum system and pressure pot. I need the 2nd.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back