Gender Bent WidowMaker

KenFrost

So i was at Katsucon this year, and i absolutely loved it. While i was there, I saw a tone of Gender bent costumes and at least three genderbent Mei.

I decided that i want do to a gender bent Widowmaker. I am in the planning stages and getting ideas of how i am going to make the suit.
I found a 3d model for the Blaster, but i can't seem to find one for download for her helmet or her wrist gauntlet.
The only place i can find her helmet was on a website that was charging like $25 for the plans but they don't have pictures proving its printable and i am a bit skeptical of it.
Does anyone know of or have 3d models for her helmet and gauntlet, or just the helmet?

Any Information is appreciated.

So i managed to find a File that is a full body of Widow maker, but i am not sure if it it possible to remove parts. I tries to subtract stuff in 123d design but it was coming up with a boolean error. I am very new to 3d modeling so i am not really sure how and what to do. If anyone knows how to work with 3d models maybe you could provide me with some insight.

Update to my post.
I have started making templates and molds. I am trying to make a Cast of my arm so that i can model the wrist gauntlet and her shoulder, but i used that home depot foam and it wasn't hardening inside the cast i made of my arm.
I also got my 3d printer up and running to start printing her rifle.

IMG_20170410_204407.jpgIMG_20170413_200847.jpg
I have been printing up a lot of the parts. Here are a few photos of where i am at with the parts.
I plan on assembling and casting the rifle so that i can make a version where the barrel and scope both move.

Just an update to my post.
The arm mold that i made to make her wrist gauntlet and her shoulder pauldron didn't expand like i thought it would so i need to remake it. Going to try alginate and plaster instead of expanding foam.
My 3dprinter went down for a few days and it is currently back up and printing. i have 9 parts left to print and then assembly of the rifle before i start making molds.

I have started on the assembly of the rifle. I have a lot of sanding to do to smooth parts. Might get some xtc3d to smooth some out. Still need to figure out how i am going to mold all the parts so that i can make a resin cast that has moving parts.

IMG_20170612_204729.jpgIMG_20170617_134435.jpg

Primer filler paint to fill in those print lines then some more sanding and assembly. Prime, paint, LED's and assemble.
View attachment 742179View attachment 742180View attachment 742181

Looking good!!!

My least favourite part of 3d printing :/

But a necessary step, too many people skip this one. If it is not a prototype but a finished product you have to do this in my opinion. It's so lazy when you see people just paint the bare parts.

Looking good!!!

But a necessary step, too many people skip this one. If it is not a prototype but a finished product you have to do this in my opinion. It's so lazy when you see people just paint the bare parts.

It is going to be a final product that i carry around cons until i build version two that will be a resin cast version with motors and moving parts.

So my fabric came in, hopefully I will be able to get the costume all sewn up and ready. Waiting on my stl files for the Helmet and arm pieces.
Painted most of the rifle. Need to do some touch ups with my spray gun and then some hand painting details.
So close to the rifle being ready. IMG_20170715_140308.jpgIMG_20170715_162942.jpgIMG_20170715_164023.jpgIMG_20170715_164028.jpg

IMG_20170726_202521.jpgIMG_20170727_163849.jpgIMG_20170727_163343.jpgSo here is mk I of the widowmaker. I ended getting a bit behind on the widowmaker build to finish it for a con. It turned out good, but now i am going to start Mk II where parts are automated and light up more. RGB!!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back