Prop Domain AKA the misadventures of David Brandon

logan74k

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think it's important to do a bit of a real PSA on this auctioneer, currently operating on iCollector as PROPDOMAIN. He's infamous around here, but if one does a quick google search trying to do their due diligence on his auctions, there aren't many results to warn new collectors. Even when you find the RPF, he's buried in most of the threads that mention him. So what would be great is to slowly build a thread of actual experiences, good or bad, to paint a picture for the uninitiated which should become easy to find.

I've watched a bunch of his monthly auctions now and witnessed disgusting conduct, including shill bidding, unselling and re-auctioning completed lots for $10 more, blatantly misrepresenting items, massive overvaluation, not to mention the guy belching and complaining throughout the audio stream that he's not making enough money on things. Once an item does sell, and many don't, since he passes on selling anything that doesn't fetch quite enough for his whims, you haven't lived until you've experienced Mr. Brandon's particular brand of "customer service".

As for me, I'm good friends with a guy (not a member) who stumbled on one of these auctions searching for Man of Steel costume pieces months ago. Propdomain popped up with an upcoming listing for a "complete" set of "hero" appliques for a Superman suit. As with most of his photos, they were poorly lit, laid out in the guy's foyer with his bare feet visible occasionally. Here's the listing photo:

auction photos full2.jpg

Otherwise, they appeared to a non-expert in the MOS design to be legit, so despite best judgement, he bid. The $1k worth of 'won' foam latex pieces arrived a month later... balled up in a bubble mailer. Here is one example of the parts:

necktrim.jpg
It wasn't really funny, but I joked with my buddy David must think "N.G." stands for "nice going"

On close inspection the wrinkled pieces were an incomplete set, missing all the back pieces, bit of the belt and, with few exceptions, reject castings full of bubbles, unused paint tests, or castings from the preproduction concept suit. Clearly FX shop floor garbage. When politely asked in a detailed email about these discrepancies, David's reply was, well, it's best I put all his replies here to give a sense of his professionalism. (for clarity, the buyer was asking for a partial refund to reconcile received vs. described items) These are complete emails from David, unedited:
-we went through this concerning the couple pieces that were missing so I don't know what the issue is here. I honestly don't know what the issue was with the S either
For the record I was originally asking $1500 for that Set of glyphs
I even took less than the lowered $500 reserve I was asking
-All of those were extra for a reason. We even talked about the missing pieces before you bid. To be honest I gave those away because they were old stock. I think you got incredible deals on that stuff
-You obviously have no intention of being happy and all you want to do is chisel the hell out of me
You got exactly what you paid for and this is been months
Did you file the complaint after all this time and we will never deal again
-You got exactly what was shown and exactly what you paid for regardless of the description we also talked about it before you bid and this is been months. We both know that you bought those cliffs to produce fraudulent Superman suit's. This is how PayPal works you can't keep the product and the money.
Since I assume as long as you have them you have either altered or switched out certain pieces to suit your needs your claim is invalid
-You are not fooling anyone you are the same person that's why you opened another account to buy a second set of glyphs so that you could pick and choose what you really wanted or try to connive me to give you half refund I remember blocking you before but you just opened another account
Nobody else bitches like you you you have a very unique away about that you complain you literally write a novel I have no doubt this is the same person

Every accusation is a fabrication, except my friend's insistence on being clear about the issues in making his replies more than 2 sentences. Dude was convinced my friend was a previous buyer of even lesser quality pieces. (that poor SOB) Thanks to his shill bidding vs. my buddy's desire to win the auction, this sale of parts had been David's most profitable by a wide margin; the 90+ other lots of MOS suit parts never broke $300 over the years. He refused to part with any significant percentage of his winnings. The pieces were returned and Paypal enforced a full refund. Most recently, David relisted them as 3 separate lots with the description, "No damage or junk here. In fact these are some of the nicest examples." http://www.icollector.com/SUPERMAN-MAN-OF-STEEL-HERO-SUIT-GLYPHS-LOT-2_i26555230 I think that right there is the best indication of how this guy operates. If you've ever watched or bid in a PropDomain auction, please add your experience!

Oh and don't miss his SCREEN USED BATMOBILE! http://www.icollector.com/BATMAN-BA...EEN-USED-BATMOBILE-CUT-UP-IN-PIECES_i26697607

He's pretty excited about this one - you can tell with 10x the number of photos and description of probably any of his past auctions.

This SCREEN USED BATMOBILE is also featured here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8b3AB8vSGU&index=2&list=PL4C7CAE1D3109A0E3 doing daily duty at a Six Flags stunt show - oh how the mighty have fallen?

The car is thoroughly lampooned for what it is on the chickslovethecar batmobile forum, (where David actually showed up expecting adulation!) http://www.chickslovethecar.com/board/Batmobile_Topic152186-4-1.aspx

250k folks. You could own an incomplete beat up shell of a six flags stunt car. As long as you're willing to pay cash! ALL SALES ARE FINAL! :lol

As someone who is sort of new to this hobby, I really appreciate the info as I'm sure many others do so big thank you for saving us headaches and bucks.

Oh yeah, I fell victim to this guy when I was a new collector. Thankfully my items weren't expensive. He never shipped them till I tracked down his phone number through paypal. I got some sob story about his "shipping guy" having cancer. BS. I was still charged $30 to ship my small items across town (we both live around LA). This guy is a massive tool.

Also, how much energy does it take to keep this scam up? It would be less of a headache to get a regular job somewhere. He must get some kind of adulation out of it.

Ack I wish this had been around a couple months ago - I bid on a lifecast head, clearly against the auctioneer as well. Thing finally showed up a month later, no tracking no updates. David hand cobbled a wonky box exactly the size of the head, and didn't deem any packing material necessary. I LOL'ed when I opened it, smashed up in a couple places. In 18 years of buying online I've never seen something so poorly packed, and that's including ebay sellers!! Guy clearly has no reverence for the garbage he peddles (except that stunt show "batmobile" :lol).

I'd absolutely never buy anything from him outside Paypal, or using 'friends and family' like he asks some buyers to mark payments in his auctions. I'm done with the guy myself. Seems like damage and returns happen to him all the time too, which only makes it more pathetic. When I notified him of the damage, he came back accusing ME of being 'just another' fraudster. Ugh, stay away. Nice quote Apollo!

Do yourself, and everyone else a favour by avoiding this slime at all costs. It's really not worth the effort, especially considering your time and money is on the line. I lodged a formal complaint to iCollector a couple of months ago, but I haven't really heard anything since. They said it would be forwarded to the Account Manager, and apparently they take it from there and deal with it as needed. But strangely enough, they don't contact me back to let me know the result(s).

I've heard that he knows someone who works at Ironhead Studios, who gives him left over pieces to save them from being thrown in the trash compactor. Not really sure how that's been able to go under the radar for this long. He's got a listing up on his auction page of muscle suit molds for various Marvel & DC films, to which he says that any serious buyer must send a $5000 F&F PayPal deposit. I swear there needs to be some sort of public permanent black list on here, as well as any Facebook groups.

Edit: I had my first and last experience with David Brandon late last year; I guess you could say I was lucky enough to win a production-made Amazing Spider-Man 2 chest piece from him. You could hear him on the audio stream of the auction, and you could kinda get the vibe he is some fat slob of a hoarder. After my auction I thought I'd stick around to see what else was on offer, and there was a bunch of fake dead body props along with other gory horror junk. He wouldn't stop complaining about how no one was bidding and "With Halloween coming up!!1!!!1!" Followed by continuous sighs and heavy breathing.

I had never used or been on iCollector prior to this, and mind you, I had to stay up till 5am for my auction. Then after the auction he says he asks 39 days to ship parcels!! I don't know what's so hard to take 20-30mins out of the entire week to ship some parcels. And after the 39 days had passed, I asked him if he sent my piece yet and this is what I got in response:

"Hi
Just wondering when my glyph will be sent out, it has been 46 days since original payment.
Thanks

I am not behind in any shipping

That doesn't really answer my question...
You said you ask 39 days to ship a parcel, it's been 46 days since I won the auction, have you sent mine yet?

I sent the glyph last week
You should have by now
"

Low and behold my chest piece arrives the next day rolled and scrunched up in a padded freakin' bag. Given that the piece was made of spandex and screen printed ink, it wasn't really prone to much damage. But the amount of money that I paid for it; he should have packaged it way better than that. If this doesn't infuriate you, I don't know what will.

Edit: Something else I forgot to add, I asked him if he had anything from the CW Flash show, and he continues to leave questions unanswered. I hate that. Especially when I'm forking out hundreds of dollars for something.

"Hi David,
Just sent that through. Sorry for the delay, I had to get the new card details.
Given that you’ve auctioned off items from this genre of movies, have you or do you know anyone who’s ever gotten hold of anything from The Flash tv show?
Thanks

A glyph or two
"

I asked him if he was on the RPF to which he started rambling on about the 'illegality' of replicas and so on. So he said that's part of the reason he's not on here anymore; but he didn't mention that he's been banned! LOL!
Save yourself the trouble of having to deal with this one lining greaseball.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the misfortune of buying from him once. Item arrived in a plastic bag inside a box with no padding. Box looked like the bomb squad had been at it... Old, crushed and as a result, stuff had fallen out of the box..
He just doesn't give a ****. STAY AWAY!!!

I've done business with this guy..... and my review would be never again.

For months last year I threw up some bids on items and never won. I finally gave up thinking he would never be happy with the amount of money I was offering. Some time had passed and I decided to look at his auction and I discovered he ended up selling the items I wanted to someone else for the same amount of money I was offering. He only had one left and I tried my luck and I ended up winning when he accepted my offer. It was a "stunt Hellboy belt pouch".

I've seen numerous complaints about this guy in the Facebook Movie Props group so I doubt it's authentic, but I just wanted one on hand to study how it was sewn together so I could make my own pouches for a costume I am working on. His auction was the only place I could find that had good clear pictures of the belt/pouches.

I listened in on the auction stream and I could hear him complaining about not making money and begging for more bids. Was very surprised he actually called my phone number a month after that auction to find out what I had bought. Apparently he lost my invoice. Glad he called and figured it out instead of re-listing. I got the pouch in a box with no padding whatsoever. I laughed because I didn't expect much.

I feel bad for anyone that stumbles on his auctions thinking it's the real deal.

I tried to have conversation with him about his Stargate stuff today... LOL YA that didnt go well. I just wanted to know how he came to have some 1994 movie pieces ...

http://www.icollector.com/STARGATE-...TAFF-WEAPON-METAL-LIVE-FIRE-VERSION_i27441989

This guys is a nut job! Half temped to call MGM legal and report him. I have no idea where they came from its really hard to tell but is COA is a sharpie note from a Executive Producer??? He was nothing but insults and calling me a fanatic because I am fan of the show but never mind I have real business with customers in 120 counties and have perfect track record for the most part since 2005...

I added him on FB messenger and this is how he comes out the gate! Enjoy the read! LOL

I take it this has something to do with the Stargate props?
Ryan
Yes are you involved with this icollector site?
David
I own PROPDOMAIN AUCTIONS
That stuff is my personal property though
Not consigned
Ryan
This Dave Jackson telling people you are selling on this other site..
David
Icollector is the site I use
It is a service that provides the software
Ryan
OK I've had few collectors state that all Stargate stuff on there is fake... hope this is not the case
David
Haters gotta Hate because that is all they know
I got all this direct from Mario Kassar!
He hand wrote a LOa for the staffs
Ryan
Well few these guys are very knowledgeable in my book and we keep close eye on this stuff...
David
If they say that this stuff is fake, that actually proves how ignorant they are
One is metal bro
The live fire version
This stuff is not only real, but from the original film
Ryan
So how did you become so close with him he gave you these items? Does he still reside in Holmby Hills?
David
I am not that close. In fact it was not so easy of a deal.
He is moving
A mutual friend hooked us together
It was really on a whim
Ryan
So why was it so difficult?
David
Are you interested in anything, or just looking for info?
Ryan
Just looking into it... I hate rumors and I do not stand for fakes.. I work as consultant at times for MGM and others.
David
Sounds like you just want to spread rumors to me.
Those are irrefutable
Ryan
If I was spreading rumors I'd post run my mouth instead I went to source...
David
If those do not stand up to fanatic scrutiny, then those fanatics are not as know it all as they think
Ryan
I was just asking since I've been asked to look at couple people
David
This is leaning towards a no-win scenario
Ryan
How is me asking few questions a no win situation...
David
When fanatics stalk me for other fanatics, they do not want to be pleased'
Been doing this a long time
It always starts innocent enough
Ryan
I'm not fanatic I am professional that works in the industry
David
I looked at your page.
Dude, one of these is the all metal live fire version
Ryan
Me reputation is beyond reproach
I haven't looked I just asking this guy contacted me Outa the blue
David
SO IS MINE!
But there are haters that just like to hate at my expense
Ryan
So talk to Dave Jackson for his advertising methods
David
What exactly is the problem there?
Ryan
I have issues with group in the UK hate me just because of what I do...
David
Well?
Ryan
Your blaming me with unfounded accusations of rumors I have done nothing but ask few questions
David
You have no interest in anything, yet you all but attack me, ignoring the facts
Ryan
How have I attacked you...?
David
Again, this is a no win scenario
These fanatic banters never end well
What would you like to know that will convince you?
Ryan
You the one getting all defensive over reacting I just asked how you came to acquire the items and you go off rails
David
NO, that is not how you come off
You state that you are all the knowing expert on everything STARGATE, {Yet not a fanatic} and act like I need to convince you to convince everyone else
So I am happy to.
BTW, I own the SCREEN USED MOVIE PROP FORUM too
AND HORRORDOMAIN.COM
HORRORBID
Ryan
Have a great day David, the fact that you don't know who I am in the SG community speaks volumes as well. I asked couple simple questions you flip out! Assume I'm some bad guy without even knowing anything about me...
David
So who are you?
I am not really a fan
And flip out is a stretch
Once again. What would you like to know about this stuff?
Ryan
OK... didn't ask you to be fan I just asked where they came from and why there so much fake chatter
David
You are the sole person that has even mentioned the word fake to me
Fanatics will call everything fake because most sell replicas
Do you wish to authenticate or just argue?
Ryan
Need drop the fanatic thing with me... it's condescending
David
This is what I mean by no winscenario
(sends me TWO pics of ME in Costume that been photo shopped by friend with a Stargate, one had my wife and daughter in them!)
Ryan
Yep I didn't even make those a buddy did sent them to me...
David
A stranger sees fanatic
Ryan
No it's marketing
David
So, again, for the 5th time if my memory serves
What would you like to know that will convince you thet are real?
We are talking the Jaffa staffs here, right?
Ryan
Your skills in communication and business alone are very poor so why would I want buy anything from someone calls me names and attacks me for asking where they came from...
David
You have no interest at all in those.
You just want to spread rumors and attack me
I have been very accomodating
6 now.
Ryan
Your talking about things you know very little about first off... if it's related to SG of course I'm interested I do it everyday professionally I have customers in 120 countries I am asset to many who sell things
David
Fanatics are know it alls. Communicating with them is not an easy task to begin with.
7 now!
Ryan
I asked you stop using that word with me... how many Hollywood movies have you worked on set?
David
What would you like to know that will convince you they are real?
Ryan
We have not past you insults
David
We really going to get to 10 here?
Ryan
Goodbye...
David
You never once asked a single question about the pieces
All you want to do is boast how awesome you are and argue with me
Ryan
Didn't get chance I was called names and talked to like I was some idiot... I can now pass that experience on to those who ask...
David
Once again, these conversations never end well
It never matters what I say,
Ryan
No wonder way you talk to people
David
You don't want knowledge, and you have no interest.
All you want to do is argue
FOR THE 11TH TIME!
Ryan
If you had proof you would produced it instead you tap dance and deflect...
David
WTF?
Ryan
It's fine I'll be in CA next month...
David
Did you even look at the actual posts?
Ryan
Why would I want to after way you treated me
David
And people wonder why I get frustrated?
Treated you?
Ryan
Dude you got some serious issues
David
I have been incredibly accomodating
Ryan
Ya I'm all ready to buy and endorsed you lol
David
Yes I do! If you had know it all fanatics attack you every day over stupid ****, you might
You have not asked a single question about the pieces themselves
Despite me saying, for the 12th time now
Ryan
She I asked where how you got them? That's not about them?
David
And I told you, but all you want to do is argue
This is a no-win scenario
Ryan
U don't argue with any what you said
David
Ryan
Clueless...
David
Are we shooting for 20 now?
Ryan
Have a great day...
David
You never had any interest in the staffs or authenticity.
Ryan
If you like have civil conversation not insult me you can call me...
David
You just want to boast how great you are
Ryan
If I didn't have interest I wouldn't contacted you genius
David
Ryan
Goodbye
David
Ryan
Not my job to prove it... it's yours
David
And people wonder why I get frustrated?
This conversation was a perfect example
Ryan
People must wonder why you repeat yourself
Again if you like have professional civil talk we can do it on phone
David
See, you have no interest in the props or authentication.
You just want to argue, and spread rumors blaming me
Ryan
Then why would I want to talk get you shut the hell up and get to business
David
Do you even care?
Ryan
I spent 20 years in US Navy, I am Captain of entire Fire Company... my wife and I meet due to Stargate it's part my life... I work in the industry
I wouldn't asked if I didn't care
David
WTF?
Ryan
800-528-77zero8 have great day
David
And people actually wonder why I get frustrated.
You wasted an hour of my time doing nothing but argue and insult me'
Ryan
Ditto
David
You failed to ask a single question about the actual staffs
despite. Where are we? 22?
Ryan
Why is it all about staffs
David
Ryan
Thought u had lots items
David
OK so the artworks?
Did you even look?
Ryan
I collect lots things and could even help you sell them if you shut hell up and calm down... not much to be honest I was on my phone in the sun when I was sent link
David
MY POINT EXACTLY!
Ryan
So if you want calm down call me that's start
David
I am calm
You are the only one arguing here
Ryan
800-528-77zero8
David
I see no reason to call you
Ryan
OK have great day
David
Funny how I predicted how this conversation would turn out
Ryan
Again if you want talk call me
I'm done with this Childish banter
David
You created, continued, and drove this Childish Banter into the ground!
You don't even care about authenticity. You just want to argue and spread rumors
I really do hate it when I am right!
Ryan
Well you are so far from truth you blinded by rage and confusion... so David do you have number you like share discuss things rationally?
David
Rage?
I asked you 25 times
Ryan
How did your friend know him?
What they made from?
Why won't you call me?
What documentation can you provide... ?
What the metal one a hero staff?
Does have any moving parts?
You can call me with these answers...
David
He hand wrote a LOA
One is resin on PVC pipe
The other is meta on metal pipe
The metal one is the live fire.
You can read the descriptions here
http://www.icollector.com/STARGATE-...TAFF-WEAPON-METAL-LIVE-FIRE-VERSION_i27441989
http://www.icollector.com/STARGATE-...-MA-TOK-STAFF-WEAPON-CLOSED-VERSION_i27441988
Ryan
How would u ship it
David
2 sections on metal are solid
the other 2 are on rods and have slots, but I can not see how it moves
Shipping is on you. The length forces truck freight I think.
Possibly Fed Ex
Ryan
I was talking about your end packaging so did not get broken
David
Shipping is on you.
Have it picked up or send a truck for freight
Read the descriptions
Ryan
Wow this is seriously how you talk customers... no wonder you can't sell anything. Have great day David...
David
Again, this was a no-win scenario
WTF is your issue now?
You can read the descriptions and answer your questions
Ryan
No David the proper response is sure I'll give you a call we can talk about it and figure it out or I'll box it up and I'll make sure it's all padded up and it doesn't get broken for you Ryan you're a dick to everyone you speak to...
David
You have no interest in those. If you did, you would make an offer
Ryan
No I don't do business with people that are rude condescending and unprofessional
David
You are making me this way
You are the ryde one here!
Ryan
I didn't make you anyway I asked you to call me and talk to me with some respect what you can't seem to do
David
You are an *******! Why would I possibly want to let you **** me off on the phone too?

Last edited:
Sorry to bump an old thread, but i saw he was starting to post auctions again on icollector. Soem stuff even that I was kind of interested in but passed on. Mainly because no COA just the words 'screen matched' and asking people to take that on faith. So are his items legit or dubious?

Oh and don't miss his SCREEN USED BATMOBILE! BATMAN & BATMAN RETURNS ORIGINAL SCREEN USED BATMOBILE CUT UP & IN PIECES

He's pretty excited about this one - you can tell with 10x the number of photos and description of probably any of his past auctions.

This SCREEN USED BATMOBILE is also featured here:
doing daily duty at a Six Flags stunt show - oh how the mighty have fallen?

The car is thoroughly lampooned for what it is on the chickslovethecar batmobile forum, (where David actually showed up expecting adulation!) 1989 Batmobile that is on our main page

250k folks. You could own an incomplete beat up shell of a six flags stunt car. As long as you're willing to pay cash! ALL SALES ARE FINAL! :lol
LMAO, what a PoS

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back