ESB Falcon Part IDs

emrumi

I am starting this thread for myself and anyone else to request info on any parts that may still need identification on the ESB 32" Millennium Falcon...Hopefully others will be able to help ID them here.

I will be adding several requests, but my first request is about the large grill on the port bottom rear of the falcon...has this part ever been found?

unknown_01.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, I guess I'll get back to that bottom grill later...

So does anyone know what this long linkage arm may be in the starboard forward recess pit? It is the last piece I need in that pit...

unknown_001.jpg

A: 1/72 or 1/76 scale tank track, probably the rubbery stuff.
C: I think I've seen these in the Airfix 1/76 Sherman (??)

Thanks Lee and Treadwell...I had thought the A part was the Sherman track but was still not sure, so it is good to have that confirmation...I have not been able to find the B part in my 1/12 kits yet, i will go thru them again...and that C part is just strange!?

Last edited:
isn't that the M60A1 deck? It doesn't look like the Tamiya one though..

I think it is the 1/35 Tamiya M60A1 deck on the 5 foot falcon...But for the 32" ESB falcon I am not sure, it could be a 1/72ish M60, but I have not seen one that matches??

Last edited:
I am starting this thread for myself and anyone else to request info on any parts that may still need identification on the ESB 32" Millennium Falcon...Hopefully others will be able to help ID them here.

I will be adding several requests, but my first request is about the large grill on the port bottom rear of the falcon...has this part ever been found?

View attachment 709964

Look carefully at the three pips in the rear edging/ The spacing between the horizontal lines, and tiny gaps on the vertical lines. The Grill, is a cutout section from the front Grill of a Peterbilt wrecker truck. It should be chrome plastic when you find it. Search Peterbilt AMT in any search engine.

Look carefully at the three pips in the rear edging/ The spacing between the horizontal lines, and tiny gaps on the vertical lines. The Grill, is a cutout section from the front Grill of a Peterbilt wrecker truck. It should be chrome plastic when you find it. Search Peterbilt AMT in any search engine.

Yeah, I had thought about it being that, but have not found any image of one that matches...Do you know which kit it might be or have any images of a matching grill?

The ones that I have seen are from the 1/43 AMT trucks and the spacing in the grills is to tiny, it must be a larger model than 1/43??

AMT_Peterbuilt.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I had thought about it being that, but have not found any image of one that matches...Do you know which kit it might be or have any images of a matching grill?

The ones that I have seen are from the 1/43 AMT trucks and the spacing in the grills is to tiny, it must be a larger model than 1/43??

View attachment 725661

I would say 1/43 scale. From the peterbuilt & Reefer. Because its always best to start with the logic of what was already used on the falcon. As the reefer was already used on the top side rear engineering. The 4 Wheel hubs. Logic would suggest ILM had bough the combined reefer and peterbuilt 1/43.
You can also get these kits separately. Though all the kits are vintage, so don't expect them to be cheep.

Is this a known kit part?

View attachment 723649

I don't think this is a kit part. Certainly not any M60. The engine cowl is arched in every scale. This may be scratch built. Many parts of the falcon body were scratch built to match the 5 footer. I have what I believe is everything used on the falcon and I have searched every type of kit. Nothing matches this section of the falcon. If you examine the 5 footer, it suggests this was scratch built to match as is the long plate it is sitting on

Trying to ID these parts on the lower rear...The one on the far right (C) looks like it might be a gun from the 1:530 Revell Lexington/Hornet/Wasp, but not sure?

...any help on these appreciated.

Unknown-1.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back