Luke/Vader ROTJ duel BTS

SethS

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This was posted on the FB ROTJ saber group.

https://www.facebook.com/filmumentaries/videos/721441328004652/

Anderson is definitely using the MPP stunt for this bit.

I can't tell if Hamill has the V2 or V3/SS but man the top emitter dish looks big.

Hamill's double's saber looks like something else. I can't make it out. It almost looks the the ANH SS, which would make no sense.

stunt.png

If anything, when you see how piece-meal the duels are actually shot-- imagine this over several days, stunt performer in and out, the possibility of pick-ups/reshoots, and you can start to understand why Vader has three different , and Luke has at least 2 (if not 3) sabers in this sequence.

You're aggravating my ulcer...

Is it me, or is the stunt man's saber actually starting to look like the Vader stunt/faux hero?

That's nuts considering they are filming the jump scene. The next shot is Luke up on the gantry when that saber gets chucked at him. They were literally just handing it around!

I dont think Luke could be using the V2,Unless the center rod that holds the emitter on was easily removable to swap with a dueling rod.Its so amazing that footage like this goes unseen for so long and still pops up decades later.

The latter, the ANH/RotJ Vader Stunt. It pops up in the catwalk sequence so it makes sense that that's what was used throughout the shoot.

Hilarious how cheesey the duel looks without animation, sound, and score...

That is the BIGGEST clapper I have ever seen!

Before digital slates could sync all info via meta data you had to use larger ones like this for when you were shooting long.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back