Game accurate 3D printed Fallout 3 Plasma Rifle - ***Complete***

GunnerBill

Hi folks, back after a little while!

Since buying the 3D printer and getting to grips with Fusion 360 I've been working on creating a game accurate printable/machinable replica of Fallout 3's plasma rifle.

The intention is to offer this for sale via my facebook or etsy account (yet to be set-up) now I've taken this up as a small business project :D

SilverDynamicProps - on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/SilverDynamicProps/

031rliC.png

8R6wwqH.png

This is 100% all my own work, various parts e.g. MF Cell are available as STL's on the net but I have personally designed everything for this rifle.

I'm pretty keen on getting the material right for this so may consider getting the stock CNC machined in aluminium...

-----------

Update - so as you can see (I hope!) the 3D work is done and only the barrel tubes remain as non-printed parts

This full scale replica consists of 51 individually designed parts making (with some duplicated parts) 76 printed parts. If you are into 3D printing that's around 300m of 2.85 mm filament at various settings (mainly normal)!

Last edited:
Re: Game accurate 3D printed Fallout 3 Plasma Rifle - WIP

Nice. I would totally buy something like that.
Looks like building one wouldn't be too hard either. Lots of pvc and ldf.

Cheers!

The barrel cylinders are actual ABS plumbing pipe and everything else is printed with the stock being hand carved or CNC Aluminium.

Easy to remodel to the FO4 version.

Well, I gave up on Facebook a few weeks ago, so I hope you offer the CNC and resin parts on Etsy. I'd really like to build this.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back