Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon

Bergquist

Finally got my Falcon, and enjoying everybit of this build. Im not very experienced, so if you want, tips and inspiration is welcome!

Im not going all movieaccurate on this one, the goal is to have it lit up and looking good, so I can take some cool photographs of it out in the real world![emoji4]

566114e2beed91430e6467bc6be95ab8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's all so tiny, and the need to bend the fibre 90 degrees is so annoying, that I've found sticking a bunch of SMD LEDs is a useful approach.

Tryed with fiber optics first. But ended up with an smd behind a FO-lens.

I'm curious.... yours isn't the first post I've seen where someone switches from FO to using an SMD LED for the headlights. Can you tell me why you switched? The FO only version wasn't bright enough or ?

I ask because I'm working on my own 1/144 Falcon and I've been planning on doing all the landing lights (as well as the headlights). Since I'm powering my kit from a 3.7V LiPoly battery I need to keep the number of LEDs to as few as possible (not much room to put a larger battery inside) and with the engine lights I'm already near a dozen LEDs.

Regards,

Brad.

I'm curious.... yours isn't the first post I've seen where someone switches from FO to using an SMD LED for the headlights. Can you tell me why you switched? The FO only version wasn't bright enough or ?

I ask because I'm working on my own 1/144 Falcon and I've been planning on doing all the landing lights (as well as the headlights). Since I'm powering my kit from a 3.7V LiPoly battery I need to keep the number of LEDs to as few as possible (not much room to put a larger battery inside) and with the engine lights I'm already near a dozen LEDs.

Regards,

Brad.

Hi Brad!
Thanks for asking.

The reason I switched is as you mentioned, the FO by it self was to weak in my opinion. And the other reason is that the FO is not spreading the light very much to the sides, so you need to see it dead on to get the brightest light.

I dont think the FO version is bad, I just liked this better.

Im working on using 0,5mm FO as landing lights, and I thing they spread the light a bit to little.

Im planing on using a 9V battery as my powersource.

I would love to see some progress photos if you are shearing!

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back