Anigrand Or Zvezda ?

Neo-uk

Some may find this a stupid question, but I don't know whether to get this or keep and build my Anigrand SD.
I'm not a novice builder by any means so the build itself poses me no problems. I'm thinking about weight, sagging, build time and maybe funding other kits if I do sell the Anigrand. How do the two compare on accuracy. I know the russian one's a bit shorter. What do you lot think ?

I have the Anigrand and built it immediately--too immediately, actually, as there is a bit of sagging just at the nose over the years. I've been able to hit it with a heat gun and correct it for the most part. But I immediately bought the Zvesda kit too and I'd definitely recommend it for lighting.

I love my Anigrand and it's held up fine over the years, but unless you don't mind wrestling resin, I think the Z might be the better choice I would make today to be honest.
Since my Anigrand is fine I'm content with it, my SD itch has been scratched, and I enjoy it's a little bigger. Since the Z will go together with less fuss the extra time could be spent on lighting. Lighting was way more than I was willing to deal with on the Anigrand though many did. Kudos to them.

I really want an Anigrand, but 500 for a model is just much for me.... I'd like a Z but I'm gonna hold and see if Bandia is going to make a large ISD.

Neo, there are several build threads of the Big Z on here. If your asking how it compares detail wise to the Ani, the Ani is a bit more detailed but the Big Z is "crisper". If I had to choose I would go for the Zvezda just due to the ease of assembly of it being a plastic model kit. The cost of an Ani is approaching $500 now.

But throwing a monkey wrench into the equation is that Randy Cooper is completely remastering his big SD for more detail AND ease of assembly. The parts count is going down but more detail going in. Plus, it will now be more accurate to the 8 footer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=lnhPwNwk-zM

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1488119509199.jpg
    FB_IMG_1488119509199.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back