Interstellar Endurance 1/200th Scale

Re: Endurance 1/200th Scale

I finally accepted that the Lander was too stubby and bit the bullet by performing some plastic surgery on the belly (badum-tsshhh)
I'll admit this ship is wreaking through every skill I know, it's a deep technical challenge. Definitely a harder task than I had pegged it to be, however...not an insurmountable one !

In other news I began machining the brass armature.

Just for reference I'm going off the assumption that Endurance is 65m diameter

Our " 1/15" scale Endurance measured 14' across. If that helps? Also don't forget to add R2 to your engines. Looking good so far.

ggg-1024x500.png
10923801_10152585823991232_4062692405314866165_o.jpg

This evening John & I got the bulk of machine work for the armature done; it's not perfect and we're no experts, but it'll do the job.
Each segment is connected with an M6 hex bolt which will be accessible through the back of each ball joint, this way when the piece arrives the client simply has to bolt it together. The idea is to make it more 'packable' by dismantling it, otherwise we would've brazed the joins instead.

The Lander is almost ready to mould as well, meaning the only pieces I have yet to master are the cylindrical tunnels from the outer ring to the inner docks...

Also swgeek, thank you for those pictures, brilliant reference! When you say R2...do you mean there's a hidden R2-D2 in there somewhere?? Or R2 as in the shuttle engine? Where are you in the photo? An honour to have you comment on my humble build !

Also, the command module (the one 180° from the tube to the Rangers and Landers, say 12 O'clock) has an over hanging front uper level. The bridge I guess. And the pod at 9 O'clock as you're facing the ship is mirror image of all the other pods. Not sure why.
nBhUav3-1.jpg
nBhUav3-2.jpg

Sorry I posted before I saw your latest post.
This is a great build don't knock it.
Yes R2-D2, there's one for every rocket exhaust, so 12 total. I think there's only one visible in the picture though. You should be able to find him. I wish I had better pictures for ya but I only have access to the ones I've pulled off the net. Oh and I'm the ugly bald guy, white T-shirt, second row, second from the left, in that row.

So, Just because I'm curious, Is this the hidden Exhaust-R2?(Marked in blue)
Capture.JPG

This is one amazing build. You have skills I could only dream of.

Sorry I posted before I saw your latest post.
This is a great build don't knock it.
Yes R2-D2, there's one for every rocket exhaust, so 12 total. I think there's only one visible in the picture though. You should be able to find him. I wish I had better pictures for ya but I only have access to the ones I've pulled off the net. Oh and I'm the ugly bald guy, white T-shirt, second row, second from the left, in that row.

You just blew my mind. R2 really does get about!

Finally ready to mould the Lander, any further imperfections will be sorted out later on the casts rather than now on the master.
I'm relying on the paintwork to make the model truly shine, so realised I needn't be too excessive over perfecting the sculpt.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back