Canny's Thread - Rogue One Torch update

canister

My plan is to log most things I build/design in this log.

So Me and MrMouldMaker are nearing the second run of helmets over here.
rogue%u00252Bone%u00252Brebel%u00252Bhelmet.jpg

In the mean time I have fallen into the trap that is lightsabers.

Im really lovin the shared stunt run and that's nearing completion so I thought I would make a chassis to hold a 18650 battery, sound board a spark 2/spark colour/I2 or a Nano biscotti, speaker and recharge port. Then a Chamber that will fit above it. Im just waiting to get hold of the Spirits shared stunt to go further.
OB1SS-CGendcap.pngOb1SS-CG-chassis.pngV3 cross section layout..png

I have got Korbanths K4 also so thats in hand and have started planning that out.
K4%2Bchassis%2B1.png
K4%2BCHASSIS.png

Last edited:
Re: Canny's Thread of Star wars stuff.

Wow your intricate designs are quite appealing to the eyes ... I know it's part of ones skill set or so it seems nowadays yet not to me ... so well done and looking forward to seeing the parts made into real pieces :)

Chaïm

Shared stunt

Ok I have remade the main body of the Obi shared stunt and will continue tonight. After measuring my estimated design that I made from the plan views available on the run thread Im a little out on the length but the width is spot on I will use the little grubb screw to hold the chassis in place, nice work ob1/ people that made the original prop. Makes it easier for me :)
Main body.png

Last edited:

Shared stunt

Going to be tight, should allow for a great chamber though.
Luke shared stunt (v1~recovered).png

for those interested i ordered a NB4 to build a compatible one for that too. im also making a chassis for Randy's K4. I want to be able to send off the shared stunt and K4 at the same time so I can save a bit on shipping to NZ.

K4 top section
K4 Master chassis v8.png
I have the Shared stunt ready to print, not done anything since above just need to make sure the the blue center line is in the correct spot for the grub screw on the saber so it will lock it in place which will help align and lock the future crystal chamber in place.
attachment.php

Oh forgot to say Im also working on an update to the rebel helmet too, I know some of you missed out on the previous runs.

Last edited:

alright . . this is for the K4, I want to print off the SS and the K4 at shapeways at the same time (postage blah blah)
I have changed the SS a little to get more room in the sound department.
here is the K4
Now that the chassis is printed I'm pretty pleased with the print. There are a few details I will need to change, and now that I have discussed some of the design features with a friend I will tweak them also.

IMG_20170520_192259.jpg

IMG_20170520_192730.jpg

The back channel of the print allows for wiring

The battery clips in nicely to the print and holds it well, just need to tweak the alignment.

The spark 2 fits, some modification for ease of wiring is needed.

I will need to drill out part of the grenade section to allow for the the charge port under the rear hole in the clamp section, I might change to a smaller recharge port also.

Already on to the upgrades . . . .

NEW_K4_Chassis_bottom_channel_logo.png

NEW_K4_Chassis_front_logo.png

Back to the SS while this version prints​

Last edited by a moderator:

Lower section of the K4, almost finished work on the lower chassis, I would like to see how its working once printed before I add a few atheistic details. I have moved the recharge port to the lower chassis and made it a 1.3mm instead of a 2.1. Speaker housing should fit nicely.
K4_Chassis_2017-Jun-02_08-980.png

SS is almost ready just need to design a wire run that will fit under speaker, and design some aesthetics which hold it all together.
Luke_shared_stunt_2017-Jun-02_09.pngLuke_shared_stunt_2017-Jun-02.pngLuke_shared_stunt_2017-Jun-02_09angle.png
As you can see its a snug fit inside the main body and I have kept the grub screw on the side to help hold the chamber in place. I will add the end cap which will cover the sound card , hold the recharge port, and stop the battery coming out. this will look much the same as the original design. at the speaker end It has a 4mm bigger area which will increase the quality of the sound, the main body cut outs fit nicely for optimal venting. After I get back from my over night hike I will print this off too and get some pics up.

Luke_shared_stunt_2017-Jun-02.png

Luke_shared_stunt_2017-Jun-02_09.png

Luke_shared_stunt_2017-Jun-02_09angle.png

Last edited by a moderator:

a little side note . . . a package arrived!
20170607_081604.jpg20170607_081644.jpg
I better go find my extra parts that I picked up from Sjanish.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back