Making a Harley Quinn Mallet for WonderCon - Finished

Wearenotlinear

So I already made a bat... But I made it out of a metal bat and airbrushed and painted all the wood grain and stenciling on it.. But being metal, it's not really allowed at events...
2gH2t0.jpg

....So now I'm making a mallet for her to carry.

Materials:
2-inch pvc
old hammer handle
poster board
EVA foam
hot glue
Plastidip
paint

I took a piece of two-inch pvc and cut it to about 9". Then cut out out two foam circles about 6.5" across (using a small plate as the stencil). I attached the two circles to the pipe by gluing some smaller foam circles together and shoving em in the pipe with some pipe, then gluing the whole lot, pipe and foam stuffed inside, to the circles on the ends... I figure the foam on foam will hold better than the glue typically holds on pvc

VedqVi.jpg

I cut the handle off an old rusted hammer, and grabbed some poster board to wrap around, tracing a hole for the handle in the paper and in the pipe. I cut a hole in the pipe, shoved the handle in and surrounded the joint with hot glue. I used another piece of foam to help hold the handle in place where it meets the pipe:

gvg0ps.jpg

I measured the paper to fit to almost exactly the ends of the foam circles (about 1-2mm shy).Then I wrapped it around, gluing an inch or two at a time so it was nice and tight and even.

KsjdeD.jpg

And after about an hour or two of work start to finish, I had this:
inRH06.jpg

I'm going to plasti-dip the mallet to reinforce the paper, leave the handle wooden, and then paint.
I'll post more pics once that's all done.

Last edited:
Re: Making a Harley Quinn Mallet for my daughter for WonderCon

Plasti dip done, so at least the poster board wont shrivel up if it happens to get a little wet.

And finished paint paint last night.

All done.

I know her's has a blue handle in the film, so you could totally just replace the handle in this project if you wanted to make it screen accurate.
The diamonds are done with airbrush and a diamond stencil I cut (10 around the mallet, measured at 11.8mm x 4.5mm each)

AMGSH0.jpgOklLBq.jpgPtylWE.jpg

Last edited:
I need to make one of these for my daughter. She's been begging me ever since we watched then make one on AWE.me. this looks awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I need to make one of these for my daughter. She's been begging me ever since we watched then make one on AWE.me. this looks awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Let me know if you want any tips or anything. I just kinda threw this together as quick as I could. Hopefully it stands the test of time (and a child)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back