Is anyone familiar with Dandy Props?

armint

Is anyone familiar with an authenticator called "Dandy Props"?

I searched the forum, and Google, and didn't find anything.

I've noticed a few Pulp Fiction props pop up on eBay as of late, many with a COA from this company. Naturally I'm hesitant.

s-l1600.jpg

It appears the seller also has messaging turned off, which seems like a red flag, and sort of surprising considering their account is 10+ years old with almost entirely positive feedback.

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of them. Very generic items all claiming to be from big name shows and films.
Plus their own "coa" doesn't exactly mean much if they're just knocking them together to accompany their eBay items.

Can you expand on this, or give and example cause I was of their latest customer and hope not victims.
I purchase the Addams Family Scout book off ebay last week.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Mike

You have a copy of the sixth edition, fifth printing, March 1963, one of 525,00 issued that year. What makes it from the production?

Ok so after doing some research I am pretty sure this guy is a scam and I have talked with ebay who is going to look into it. These are my reasons. 1. Dandy Props does not exist, not even in IRS records. 2. On one listing for a basket for Andy Griffith the seller posts a picture of the basket from on the set. This clearly is not the same basket that he is selling if you compare them. 3. I compared every single signature on each of the COA's and not one is the same. I have retracted my bid and I hope this guy gets it!

FRAUD ALERT!!!

It has come to our attention that a seller on eBay is selling 'movie and TV props' accompanied by FALSE Certificates of Authenticity (COAs) using our proprietary Legends logo.

More specifically, the certificate that is being shown with certain items he is selling is NOT one of our certificates. The seller has copied our certificate, inserted his own description and item picture, and left the rest of the Legends content intact. In this process he is illegally misrepresenting that these props came from Legends Memorabilia, which they did NOT.

We have studied each of the items from this seller and can certify that NONE OF THEM have ever been handled by our company.

The eBay seller in question is selling under the name ZYPHYR and we caution everyone to NOT purchase anything from this seller that has a certificate bearing the Legends logo - as it is false.
This seller has also left our email address on the COAs in an effort to pass it off as a Legends COA. Notably, the seller has not entered his own (real) email address. That speaks for itself as to his motives.

We are in the process of working with eBay security personnel on this matter and shall also be pursuing this with law enforcement agencies. This is a clearly a case of fraud and misrepresentation, and it is our intent to pursue this matter to the fullest extent possible.

Legends Memorabilia has been in business for 22 years and we shall go to great lengths to protect the integrity of the reputation we have built with our clients during that time. If at any time anyone receives a certificate that bears the Legends logo, do not hesitate to contact us for validation and authentication.

Thank you for taking the time to read this posting, we encourage you to share this message in the process of circulating a 'Buyer Beware' notice.

Legends Memorabilia / Legends Canada

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back