Atomic Blonde (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Atomic Blonde is directed by David Leitch (co-director of John Wick and Deadpool 2). Starring Charlize Theron, James McAvoy and John Goodman.

Releasing on July 28.

Re: Atomic Blonde

Premiering at SWSX on March 12.

Atomic Blonde | SXSW 2017 Schedule

"Charlize Theron explodes into summer in Atomic Blonde, a breakneck action-thriller that follows MI6’s most lethal assassin through a ticking time bomb of a city simmering with revolution and double-crossing hives of traitors.

The crown jewel of Her Majesty’s Secret Intelligence Service, Agent Lorraine Broughton (Theron) is equal parts spycraft, sensuality and savagery, willing to deploy any of her skills to stay alive on her impossible mission. Sent alone into Berlin to deliver a priceless dossier out of the destabilized city, she partners with embedded station chief David Percival (James McAvoy) to navigate her way through the deadliest game of spies."

C5tFdqSUoAETZdr.jpg:large

Re: Atomic Blonde

Cant wait to see this, like throwing Kingsman, John Wick and Fury Road onto a water bed and hitting the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

The trailer works better to More than a women actually.:cool

Last edited:
Went and watch it over the weekend. I’m 49 and lived in Germany (Us Army) in 1989. They really captured the look and feel of Germany before the wall fell. I remember the night the wall fell and it was a massive party everywhere. As for this movie, if there had never been SALT with Angelina Jolie, this movie would be a block buster IMHO. Anyway, I loved the movie and the characters; however, the real star here is the unbelievable soundtrack and cinematography. Well worth the popcorn and fun.

I just can't bring myself to pay the money for a ticket. This movie just looks like the same boring "ultra-capable person" action movie as MI or Bourne. I understand the plot even revolves around a spy-list, just like so many other movies in the genre.

I would not mind seeing these kinds of movies start failing so Hollywood can move on to something different.

So no other opinions on this movie? Action suspense movies are the only movies we can all watch together in my house. Bourne, 007, Salt...
Is it really bad or just OK enough to catch on demand.

I enjoyed it. It was pretty fun. It's not terribly original, and Theron did pretty well selling the action, but - fair warning - the best parts are all in the trailers.

I enjoyed it. It was pretty fun. It's not terribly original, and Theron did pretty well selling the action, but - fair warning - the best parts are all in the trailers.
There is only one scene I can think of that wasnt in the trailers that was cool, and that was the scene in the staircase. It wasnt bad, it wasnt all that great either. I had just watched John Wick for the first time about 3 days before this, so thats probably why. John Wick is one of my new favorite movies.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back