Spiderman suit questions (lycra, lenses)

agnew16

So, a year ago I bought a one piece spiderman suit and recently I bought a detachable hood so I plan to cut off the mask on my suit.

Questions.
1. The fabric is lycra. Will cutting it make the fabric around the neck loose? Should I add elastic or velcro or whatever to make sure the suit won't keep falling from my neck?
2. Do you guys know what should I do with the zipper? Is it okay to cut it?
3. Everytime I breathe my lenses fog up, should I make a couple tiny holes on them? Anyone have any advice what to do?

I'll take the suit to a seamstress but I doubt anyone where I live has experience altering lycra suits so I would like to be able to tell them what I need exactly.

TIA!

firstly, lycra is not a kind of fabric. the fabric should be something called SPANDEX.

secondly, cutting of the mask won't work.YOU need the cut that off before sewing. making a detachable hood needs a longer surface area.

pls do not mess with the zipper

you can make a faceshell,instead of make holes.

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

Thx for the reply!

The description of the suit says "Fabric: Spandex / Lycra" if that helps.

As I said, I've already bought a separate hood, so I won't make one from my original suit. Basically, i want to cut the mask from the first suit and throw it out and use my new mask with it. My main concern is if the neck area on the suit will become loose and what to do if that happens and how should I go with the zipper.

You can do what you're wanting. Make sure the xipper is UNZIPPED before you cut it. Once you've cut the neck and zipper, fold the edge over and do a straight stitch. This will do two things. First: it will give the neck a nicer edge and help it stay upright. Second: it will make your zipper head not come off when you zip it up.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back