Ponda Baba costume

DZIndustries

Hello,

I recently decided to throw together a quick Ponda Baba costume for Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017 coming up with the help of my wife and my good friend Tom Cuthbert of Mr. Bungle FX. So far I've got the blaster, jacket and pants done. My awesome wife patterned out and sewed the jacket from scratch, and we altered some Eddie Bower khakis for the pants by dying them and adding the yellow stripe down the legs.

i1LnxrF.jpg

The SE-14R blaster is a 3D print I printed and added real scopes to (Yes, I'm aware his blaster in the scene does not have the scopes like the one Evazan has, but I think it looks cooler and his blaster and hands change so much between scenes I don't feel like it matters. If someone complains I can just slip them off.)

pmP8urJ.jpg

My buddy tom has the mask and hands sculpted and cast out of latex, I'll post pics of that later. I plan to get the belt, gun belt, and holster made in the next week out of leather. After that the whole costume will be done.

Looks great! I'll be looking for you at Celebration! Mind if I ask where your wife got the pattern for the jacket?

My friend doesn't like you...oh, wait, that's not right.

Looks really good! Maybe the cloth parts could use a bit of filth? Super fun costume regardless.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back