Kill Bill sword

IFA

Sr Member
Hi,

Where can I find the more accurate (but affordable) Kill Bill bride's sword ?

Anyone here ?

Thank you very much, bye.
FRED

IMO THE "Best" replica of it thats out there is the masahiro replica. it can be had at http://swordsofmight.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=42

now quiet frankly, i dont hold masahiro swords in too high regard. i think they are sorta "crap" in the production sword world..... they are definantly in the low end of the specttrum
HOWEVER , in the Kill Bill replica world, they are on the top of the food chain! lol

i have heard good things about that sword and have been meaning to pick myself up one.....

just be wise and stay away from anything stainless!

IMO THE "Best" replica of it thats out there is the masahiro replica. it can be had at http://swordsofmight.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=42

now quiet frankly, i dont hold masahiro swords in too high regard. i think they are sorta "crap" in the production sword world..... they are definantly in the low end of the specttrum
HOWEVER , in the Kill Bill replica world, they are on the top of the food chain! lol

i have heard good things about that sword and have been meaning to pick myself up one.....

just be wise and stay away from anything stainless!

OK David, cool.

Thank you very much for the link and for your opinion on this sword. It would be only for display purposes so no need a real "Masamune" blade :lol

Thank you.
FRED

hahahahhaa....
well still....... all opinions on what makes a good sword asside...... i think this one is the most accurate of the replicas out there..... i think

hahahahhaa....
well still....... all opinions on what makes a good sword asside...... i think this one is the most accurate of the replicas out there..... i think

I am not going to go slice anyone up soon, so to me accuracy is much more important. What other vendors are out there that contend with this sword ?

good to know.... if you limit your crap to 100 you can charge way more than its worth :p

Yeah, a shame really. Daywalker had a project in the works a ways back in the dollar area of about $700 using Chen blades, but it fizzled. The earlier version of the project was about $1500 for a forged blade. I was definitely in for the 700 one, then everything went quiet :cry
I WANT A DECENT HANZO SWORD!!!!!:angry

Its sad because on every piece I could see one thing inaccurate here and there. So far I think the Masahiro is the most accurate.

Has anyone seen the Bride sword from Hanzoswords.com? How does that one compare with the ones talked about above? I'm not looking for a sword that could cut thru a tree, just one that is as accurate to the one in the movie as possible!
Thanks!

Has anyone seen the Bride sword from Hanzoswords.com? How does that one compare with the ones talked about above? I'm not looking for a sword that could cut thru a tree, just one that is as accurate to the one in the movie as possible!
Thanks!

Yes, I'm asking to myself if the Hanzoswords model is not the same as Masahiro on the swordsofmight website ???

Thanks!

Then you're out of luck at that site. The "Bride" sword has Bill Sword fittings on the sword and scabbard. Go with the earlier discussed blades, much more accurate and can do what the site swords do.

And the cord on the scabbard is NOT used to tie the sword around your waist as claimed on the site. :confused

So what is keeping the Mashiro sword from being completely accurate? The hand guard looks right on. The lion emblem shouldn't be engraved, right? It should be embossed? Is the length right? And how about all of the fittings? It's been hard to find alot of info on this sword! Thanks!

So what is keeping the Mashiro sword from being completely accurate? The hand guard looks right on. The lion emblem shouldn't be engraved, right? It should be embossed? Is the length right? And how about all of the fittings? It's been hard to find alot of info on this sword! Thanks!

The lion should be hand-carved, but that's not going to happen for any mass made swords.
The scabbard is missing ALL its fittings and the gold highlights running down each side, and the emblem is just a guess, no replica sword has the exact or even vague version of the prop one.
brideswordrw6.jpg

The sword itself is pretty good. Best out there so far.

Since were on the subject of this movie... were the swords shown in this film made for the film (particularly the swords on the racks in Hanzo's house, looks like a home shopping network to me)? or were they bought/donated from elsewhere whether they be mass produced or forged? Kinda seems unlikely that they could make that many swords for one film on this scale.

Since were on the subject of this movie... were the swords shown in this film made for the film (particularly the swords on the racks in Hanzo's house, looks like a home shopping network to me)? or were they bought/donated from elsewhere whether they be mass produced or forged? Kinda seems unlikely that they could make that many swords for one film on this scale.

From the prop that was on ebay and recognizing several scabbard designs, the swords on that rack were Japanese sword replicas, tourist quality. They were all fitted with identical guards as all Hanzo swords are so made, but those not shown in action had soft aluminum blades and cast fittings. You find ones like these here in cheap swap meets.
The ones used for fighting were fitted with better blades and came with a variety of guards. It is rumored that the Crazy 88 carried Chen swords. Supposedly the budget for swords and accessories on the film was $60,000, so stunt swords for 35 swordsmen plus the hero Bride sword, which was a real blade by a true swordsmith, Yoshihara. Love to see the bill :cool

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back